- Austin, TX
Sapling Learning is a leading provider of online learning platforms and integrated digital solutions for the Higher Education Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics ("STEM") disciplines. For over a decade, Sapling Learning has developed powerful educational software, engaging instructional content, and interactive media to enhance the teaching and learning of the sciences. Our online homework product is currently used by tens of thousands of students at over 200 universities.
Sapling Learning has immediate, contract openings for Astronomy Content Authors to create questions for our new astronomy product.
· Writing clear questions and solutions of varying difficulties, which test students understanding and application of fundamental astronomical concepts
· Authoring hints, solutions, and feedback that provide insightful diagnosis of student mistakes and misconceptions that are designed to coach students toward mastery
· Inputting the questions, hints, solutions and feedback into the software
· Reviewing and revising the questions
15 hours per week commitment
This position can be completed anywhere in the US
· Experience teaching Introductory Astronomy to non-majors as an instructor or TA, including experience writing original homework and/or test questions
· Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly
· Excellent written communication skills
· Must have at least 15 hours per week to dedicate to creating content
M.S. or Ph.D. in Astronomy or Physics (Ph.D in progress does qualify)
Please fill out the application, upload your resume and include salary history/hourly rate, by clicking on or
cutting and pasting this link: https://re21.ultipro.com/HOL1002/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*9FA13E09A50B8983 your browser and clicking on the Apply Now button.
Sapling Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
To search all of our opportunities please visit http://saplinglearning.catsone.com/careers/