Biology Team Lead
- Austin, TX
Sapling Learning is a leading provider of online learning platforms and integrated digital solutions for the Higher Education Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics ("STEM") disciplines. For over a decade, Sapling Learning has developed powerful educational software, engaging instructional content, and interactive media to enhance the teaching and learning of the sciences. Our online homework product is currently used by tens of thousands of students at over 200 universities.
The Biology Team Lead will oversee the creation and management of the online higher education biology product. This employee will also develop content for this product, in the form of online homework questions, as well as, other resources (i.e. animations and artwork).
- Work with the Director of Content and the Marketing group to determine the scope and vision for Sapling Learning’s Higher Education Biology Product. The end biology product could vary in scope from college-level general biology to more advanced senior-level biology.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and the IT group to design story-boards, create new interaction modules, improve on current answer modules and determine additional software requirements needed to develop the Biology product.
- Write and revise online homework questions in Sapling Learning’s authoring environment, and apply subject-matter expertise to write appropriate feedback and solutions for questions.
- Develop authoring guidelines specific to the biology product
- Hire and train a team of biology content authors and reviewers with the Sapling Learning Process Specialist.
- Manage the Biology question bank, by reviewing and provide feedback to online homework questions written by the contract authors.
- Create and update a project timeline for the completion of the Biology product, working with the Director of Content and Director of Finance. The Biology Team Lead will be responsible for meeting milestones and providing direction to the development of the product.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- At least 2 years’ experience teaching Biology in Higher Education (TA Experience is accepted).
- Experience updating and/or creating curriculum for a Biology program in Higer Education.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Candidate must have experience writing questions for an online courses.
- Must possess a strong understanding the biology education/ homework market and have experience completing market analysis.
Educational Background Required:
Master’s or Ph.D. Degree in Biology or a Master’s in Education or Science and 5 years of teaching Biology in Higher Education
Please fill out the application, upload your resume and include salary history/hourly rate by clicking on this https://re21.ultipro.com/HOL1002/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*D3485F9AF4215E4A
Sapling Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
To search all of our opportunities please visit http://saplinglearning.catsone.com/careers/