Student and Instructor Support Representative
- Austin, TX
Sapling Learning is a leading provider of online learning platforms and integrated digital solutions for the Higher Education Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics ("STEM") disciplines. For over a decade, Sapling Learning has developed powerful educational software, engaging instructional content, and interactive media to enhance the teaching and learning of the sciences. Our online homework product is currently used by tens of thousands of students at over 200 universities.
The Student and Instructor Support Representative is responsible for answering and resolving student issues regarding the Sapling Learning software ranging from administrative to technical matters and is the direct contact between Sapling Learning and the student. This includes but is not limited to re-grading student assignments, managing student accounts, handling payment issues with students and troubleshooting software related issues for students and instructors.
- Analyze and discern the root of the issues brought by the user, solve the issue and communicate the result.
- Even under duress from students, support finds ways to defuse situations and thinks through actions clearly.
- Authoring and review content for accuracy.
- Treat customers with respect and proper tone to make them feel appreciated and that we value their input.
- Promptly answer all support emails with students and teachers following a standard procedure, with prompt turnaround times, then label the emails and organize them according to policy.
- Course creation and other administrative tasks when requested are promptly completed as soon as possible.
- Gain an understanding of Sapling Learning’s sites strengths and weaknesses to best address students and teachers respectively.
- Create solutions and responses to the new conditions until fixes can be implemented. Correct student grades when they reach the edge of the software limitations/bugs. Makes timely decisions in all student issues, either resolving them directly or includes the tech TA’s in discussion on how to best resolve an issue when unsure.
- Keep the student up to date, even if the issue is not resolved by the end of the business day.
- Writes clear, informative emails to students to ensure the best customer support experience so that students can understand.
- Work is proofread before sending off, both for emails to students as well as authored content (part of quality assurance review).
- Listen to the customers and be open to hearing how the system can be improved and select appropriate ones to be MRDed, or different practices we could employ to create a smoother customer experience.
- Assist in creating MRDs and suggesting new implementations that can prevent common issues form occurring.
- Completes authoring requests on time, projects on time and if not always gives a notice to the person in charge of that project if time or schedule changes.
REQUIRED SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge base in an academic discipline
- Prefer teaching or tutoring experience
- Desire to see students learn and succeed in their roles as students at university level
- Understanding of how to write conceptual questions
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of email and google docs
- SQL and HTML skills preferred but not required
- Salesforce experience is a plus
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Economics or Science preferred.
Please fill out the application, upload your resume and include salary history/hourly rate by clicking on this link APPLY NOW
Sapling Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
To search all of our opportunities please visit http://saplinglearning.catsone.com/careers/