HS Math Author - Contractor
- Austin, TX
Sapling Learning is a leading provider of online learning platforms and integrated digital solutions for the Higher Education Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics ("STEM") disciplines. For over a decade, Sapling Learning has developed powerful educational software, engaging instructional content, and interactive media to enhance the teaching and learning of the sciences. Our online homework product is currently used by tens of thousands of students at over 200 universities.
Sapling Learning has contract openings to help create dynamic high school content as an HS Math Author.
- Using both outside knowledge and provided material to author a combination of subchapters of eBooks and interactive questions in the voice and style of Sapling Learning.
- Self-revising to eliminate typos, grammatical errors, and deviations from style guide before submission.
- Revising work as needed upon receiving reviews after submission.
- Reply promptly to questions via phone and/or email.
Work can be completed remotely.
- At least six months of experience authoring published content or teaching High School Math.
- Must be able to commit at least 20 hours a week to project for at least 6 months.
- Strong technical background, preferably in web-based solutions.
- Possesses strong computer skills including strong Word capabilities and proven ability to master software systems.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Is adaptable, flexible, and collaborative.
- Experience writing using ACS style guide preferred.
- Experience with Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) preferred.
- Experience as a professor, classroom teacher, tutor, or teaching assistant strongly preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Math or Physics required.
Masters or PhD (in progress qualifies) in Math strongly preferred.
Please fill out the application, upload your resume and include salary history/hourly rate by clicking on this https://re21.ultipro.com/HOL1002/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*47A716E6E03ED28E
Sapling Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
To search all of our opportunities please visit http://saplinglearning.catsone.com/careers/