High School Biology Content Developer and Support Representative
- Austin, TX
Sapling Learning is a leading provider of online learning platforms and integrated digital solutions for the Higher Education Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics ("STEM") disciplines. For over a decade, Sapling Learning has developed powerful educational software, engaging instructional content, and interactive media to enhance the teaching and learning of the sciences. Our online homework product is currently used by tens of thousands of students at over 200 universities.
The High School Biology Content Developer and Support Representative is responsible for writing clear questions and solutions of varying difficulties, which test students understanding and application of concepts (High School Chemistry). S/he will author hints, solutions and feedback that provide insightful diagnosis of student mistakes and misconceptions and coach students toward mastery. The High School Biology Content Developer and Support Representative will input the questions, hints, solutions, and feedback into Sapling Learning’s interactive online homework product. S/he will revise work based upon feedback from other subject matter experts. S/he will be responsible for reviewing work written by other content authors and providing constructive criticism and guidance to those authors.
- To create various types of questions written from matching to numeric entry to multiple choice to drawn structures
- He/ She must produce feedback which provides clarification for the common mistakes and misconceptions of the students
- Write questions and solutions of varying difficulties, which test students understanding and application of concepts (High School Biology)
- Review and revise questions to ensure accuracy
- Inputting questions, hints, solutions and feedback into the software
- Develop and cultivate a positive client relationship by supporting the instructor, individualize settings provide and general assistance as they navigate the site
- Reply promptly to questions via phone and/or email
- This employee will be expected to be or quickly become an expert on state science standards, national science standards, and Sapling Learning’s system and current abilities/limitations.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- 2 years experience teaching High School Biology and writing original homework or test questions
- A strong desire to improve the learning process and see students succeed in their High School Biology classes
- Must have a thorough understanding of how to construct questions that move learners toward critical thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Previous experience using online homework preferred
Educational Background Required:
B.S. in Biology
Sapling Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.