Senior Associate, Fund Investment Team
Sapphire Ventures is a technology-focused international venture capital firm with $2.4 billion under management. Sapphire Ventures is focused on helping innovative entrepreneurs build global category-defining businesses. We invest globally in growth-stage technology companies and early-stage venture funds.
Fund Investments: Sapphire Ventures invests in early-stage venture capital funds. We back emerging and established fund managers with deep expertise in enterprise and consumer technologies who share our excitement for helping early-stage entrepreneurs become global category leaders. Today we are investing out of vehicle that has an evergreen structure designed to provide long-term capital to early-stage venture funds in the United States, Europe and Israel.
SAP AG, a global enterprise software company, is currently the sole investor in Sapphire Ventures’ funds. While Sapphire Ventures and SAP maintain a close relationship, Sapphire Ventures makes its investment decisions independently, and the primary criterion for investment is the potential for financial returns, not strategic value to SAP.
Learn more at http://www.sapphireventures.com
Sapphire Ventures is seeking to add a new senior associate to its fund investment team with an immediate possible start date.
The senior associate will be expected to primarily work on a number of investment-related activities, such as participating in meetings with fund managers, due diligence of potential investment opportunities, oversight of existing investments, analysis of fund returns, managing the deal pipeline and data analysis for research projects. The senior associate will work with venture funds with a variety of investment interests, spanning multiple geographies and will gain experience with all the investment professionals in the fund. Most of the senior associate’s work will be to support the firm’s fund investing activities; however, a small portion of their work may be dedicated to supporting the firm’s operating activities. A portion of this person’s time may also be dedicated to firm-building activities, such as recruiting or supporting the firm’s marketing initiatives.
We expect the senior associate will have a broad experience at Sapphire Ventures and will play multiple roles in the organization.
- Participate in fund manager presentations
- Attend select industry conferences to network with fund managers
- Industry intelligence and research analysis
- Fund manager diligence
- Marketing / prospecting
- Play a leading role in organizing and leading diligence sessions.
- Run diligence calls
- Conduct financial analysis to support the evaluation of potential investments. Typical work includes returns analysis and scenario modeling.
- Analyze portfolio performance
- Maintain deal pipeline database
- Ensure that all information on current and potential investments is updated on a regular basis.
- Create regular and ad hoc reports.
- At least 4 years relevant working experience that must include some time at a firm that makes venture fund investments. We expect incoming senior associates to have significant experience working in Excel and creating and evaluating financial models.
- Experience working directly with venture fund management teams or leading technology companies a plus.
- Outstanding academic credentials.
- Strong communication skills. Applicants must demonstrate the aptitude to develop and own relationships with existing and potential portfolio companies.
- Demonstrated interest in tracking venture capital and entrepreneurial finance.
- Location: Palo Alto, California
- Sapphire Ventures offers a competitive salary and bonus plan
- 401(K) Plans/ Profit sharing along with Health/ Dental and Vision
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States