- Palo Alto, CA, USA, Palo Alto, CA
Sapphire Ventures is a technology-focused venture capital firm with $1.4 billion under management. Sapphire Ventures is focused on helping today's most innovative expansion-stage technology companies become global category-defining leaders. Leveraging nearly two decades of experience and an extensive global enterprise network, Sapphire Ventures invests capital, resources and expertise to enable its portfolio companies to scale rapidly.
Sapphire Ventures' current and past portfolio includes leading companies such as LinkedIn, Box, Docusign, Fitbit, Square and On Deck Capital.
Learn more at http://www.sapphireventures.com
Sapphire Ventures is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to support a variety of marketing initiatives for the firm. Working within the Market Development team, the person in this position will report to the Senior Director, Marketing.
The Marketing Coordinator will play a key role in assisting with programs that promote and expand awareness of Sapphire Ventures and its portfolio companies amongst entrepreneurs, the venture capital community, the technology and financial press and the SAP ecosystem. Additionally, the Marketing Coordinator will support the broader Market Development team in designing and delivering services that add value to Sapphire Ventures' portfolio companies and funds beyond capital infusion.
This unique opportunity will provide a talented marketing professional the chance to:
- Build relationships at exciting enterprise VC-backed companies, both within Sapphire Ventures' direct portfolio as well as holdings within our Fund of Funds
- Learn about the VC industry, tech investing trends, and high-level investment process
- Gain an understanding of growth factors within venture-backed technology startups
This is a generalist marketing role and will require someone with a strong understanding of the overall marketing communications mix. Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as project management experiences and strong execution capabilities, are essential. The ideal candidate will also have some experience with media relations and event planning. This person will be proactive, eager to jump in and figure things out, and willing to roll up their sleeves. Experience working in or with either the technology industry or in the private equity / venture capital industry is a bonus.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support planning and execution of all Sapphire Ventures events, ranging from large multi-day conferences to small, intimate dinners. Events include, but are not limited to, the CEO Summit, Scaling to Exit event series, and events co-sponsored with key partners.
- Play a lead role in event communications and logistical planning, including budget tracking and overall project management.
Website & Social Media
- Maintain and update corporate website with goal of keeping content up-to-date, fresh and consistent with overall communications strategy.
- Build follower base on social media and drive day-to-day social media activities, including maintaining consistent voice and presence across Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Media Relations / PR
- Build media lists that include key members of the technology and financial press.
- Help pitch stories that highlight Sapphire Ventures and its portfolio companies.
- Help design and execute press events, such as topically-themed dinners with portfolio executives and key members of the media.
Content & Collateral
- Working with the Sapphire Ventures partners and portfolio company executives to support creation of thought leadership content, such as a Sapphire Ventures newsletter and guest blogs.
- Develop targeted collateral and presentations for pitching Sapphire Ventures' market development capabilities to potential investment targets.
- Create various collateral that communicates the firm's value proposition in creative and interesting ways (e.g. video, infographics).
- Support development of case studies that promote success stories with portfolio companies and demonstrate Sapphire Ventures' value-add.
- 2-5 years of experience as a marketing professional with a preference for those in the financial or technology industry. An enterprise software background is not required but beneficial.
- Hands-on self-starter. Being proactive and possessing a strong can-do attitude are critical to success in this role.
- Experience executing integrated marketing communications plans and campaigns.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to produce written content across a variety of formats (print, web media, presentations).
- Experience with media relations, particularly in the technology and financial sectors.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills.
- Some event planning and execution experience strongly desired.
- Demonstrated interest in working with venture-backed enterprise startups.
- Knowledge of technology trends for enterprise IT products and solutions.
- Work location in Palo Alto, California. Working remotely will not be possible for this position.
- Requires authorization to work in the United States.
- Start time on Mondays is at 7:30am for the weekly all-hands staff meeting.