Senior Dev-‐Ops Engineer
- Redwood City, CA
Sasken, a pioneer in telecom R&D outsourcing offers a unique combination of complementary IP software components, research and development consultancy and software services to leading semiconductor manufacturers, network equipment companies and global wireless handset developers. As a part of Sasken, you can look forward to charting the future course of telecom technology worldwide. A fast growing company, it offers you the chance to explore opportunities and pursue dreams. No wonder Sasken is among the top two companies to work for, as rated by the Business Today-Mercer-TNS survey of The Best Company to work for in India in 2004 & 2005. Here’s your opportunity to be a part of the Next Generation Technologies and shape tomorrow’s telecom solution.
- At least 7 or more years of experience delivering highly scalable complex enterprisearchitectures and systems.
- Expert with setting up and managing/monitoringCloud--‐BasedTechnologies:
- AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, SES, IAM ,Elastic Scaling, Elastic Map--‐Reduce)
- And/Or Rackspace.
- Part developer and part Systems engineer who can help architect and implement tuned applications that deliver operational SLAs.The solutions would involve:
o My SQL, MongoDB, Map--‐Reduce and Hadoop Ecosystem(HDFS,Pigetc.)on the persistence end.
o Java and/or Ruby/Python Based Harvesting and Analytics Compute Clusters.
o Web--‐Crawling/Harvesting techniques to convert unstructured web content into highlystructured
o MachineLearning/Analytics (Clustering,Distance and Similarity--‐Nearest K,Neural Nets, Bayesian Classifiers for example).
- Programming languages: Must be an expert at Shell Scripting and Sed/Awketc.Professional--‐grade fluency with any 2 of Java,Python,Ruby,Perl,R.
- Work with the team to understand requirements.Articulate approaches and zero in on chosen design.
- Implementation responsibility.
Work with Development engineers to ensure that the implementation meets operational SLAsand is
Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.