Multimedia Engineer (Stagefright, Gstreamer, Directshow)
- Santa Clara, CA
Sasken, a pioneer in telecom R&D outsourcing offers a unique combination of complementary IP software components, research and development consultancy and software services to leading semiconductor manufacturers, network equipment companies and global wireless handset developers. As a part of Sasken, you can look forward to charting the future course of telecom technology worldwide. A fast growing company, it offers you the chance to explore opportunities and pursue dreams. No wonder Sasken is among the top two companies to work for, as rated by the Business Today-Mercer-TNS survey of The Best Company to work for in India in 2004 & 2005. Here’s your opportunity to be a part of the Next Generation Technologies and shape tomorrow’s telecom solution.
Strong software engineering and programming skills in C Good understanding of multimedia technologies
Familiarity with at least one of multimedia frameworks- Stagefright, Gstreamer, Directshow
- Good understanding and excellent programming skills in Linux kernel internals and device drivers
- Five years plus designing, debugging and documenting complex software applications
- User space Programming expertise in Linux or any other OS in Multimedia domain
- Experience with developing and debugging in real-time embedded software
- Experience in C++ programming is a plus.
- Familiarity with object-oriented design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Experience in Java programming is a plus.
- Mature interpersonal skills with an ability to collaboratively work with many varied teams and resolve problems spanning many disciplines.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic, multi-tasked environment
- Candidate will be responsible to support android multimedia frameworks to low level kernel device drivers for our customers.
- Document the drivers, framework features.
- Working with multiple teams video firmware, testing, Camera, display, power to help debug and resolve issues. Support the client in the deployment of the integrated software to internal teams for verification and further development as well as commercial releases to external customers.
Feel to reach out at the contact below either through a call or email to discuss about the opportunity relating to your expertise.
Contact/Hiring Prime: Brijendra Rao
Contact Number: +91 80 6694 3940 (India)
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with me on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brijendraraomj
Sasken Career page: https://ngage.sasken.com/apply/Openings_US.aspx
Sasken Facebook page: http://workfor.us/sasken
Sasken Website: http://www.sasken.com/innovation/
Sasken Communication Technologies Limited
Candidates possessing a valid work visa/ authorization to US are invited for our projects: H1B, Initial OPT, Green Card, GC-EAD, L2-EAD, US Citizen and TN Permit. Candidates having H1 petition approval are also invited.
Note 1: Candidates interested for change of job possessing the above mentioned work permits irrespective of experience/ expertise would be considered currently.
Note 2: Currently we do not sponsor US work visa. We undertake transferring of H1 visa. We would take up processing of expired H1b visa (stamped or unstamped) including expired H1 petition in certain cases.
Note 3: We do not work with B1/B2 business visa, L1 visa type and Extended OPT.
Note 4: We are open to work with Contracting as well as Permanent-Full time positions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.