Linux / Android Software Engineer( Audio codec)
- San Diego, CA
Sasken, a pioneer in telecom R&D outsourcing offers a unique combination of complementary IP software components, research and development consultancy and software services to leading semiconductor manufacturers, network equipment companies and global wireless handset developers. As a part of Sasken, you can look forward to charting the future course of telecom technology worldwide. A fast growing company, it offers you the chance to explore opportunities and pursue dreams. No wonder Sasken is among the top two companies to work for, as rated by the Business Today-Mercer-TNS survey of The Best Company to work for in India in 2004 & 2005. Here’s your opportunity to be a part of the Next Generation Technologies and shape tomorrow’s telecom solution.
- Design and implement embedded software for Win-Mobile, Windows Phone 7, Windows 8, QNX, Android or other multi-media platforms.
- Design and implement embedded software drivers and services for speech / audio codecs and pre / post processing modules (e.g., MP3, AAC+, AMR, 4GV, MIDI, noise suppression, echo cancellation, ADRC, speaker protection, et cetera).
- Design and implement embedded software for parsing audio multimedia file formats such as MIDI, MP3, AAC, PCM, et cetera.
- Design and implement low-level software / firmware for embedded hardware device drivers, services, and signal processing modules in multi-processor, multi-threaded environments.
- Develop scripts and utilities in Python, Bash, PERL, C #, and other scripting languages.
- Design and implement fixed point C/assembly software / firmware for speech / audio codec standards and algorithms and pre / post effects and signal clarity processing modules (e.g., EVRC, 4GV, AMR, MP3, AAC+, MIDI, noise / echo cancellation, ADRC, speaker protection, et cetera).
- Experience developing commercial software in areas such as speech and audio decoders & encoders, multimedia services and drivers, or hardware mixed signal and serial device drivers.
- Proficient in C/C++ programming language with strong industry embedded programming experience on multiprocessor platforms, including size, cycle, and performance optimizations.
- Experience with generally accepted software design pattern programming and release practices. (e.g., OOADP, GoF, Effective C++, Modern C++, UML, Agile, etc.)
- Ability to develop and debug embedded software and firmware spanning multiple processor cores and subsystems in real-time multitasking, multithreaded environments, including reading schematics, debugging hardware, and proficiency with logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, JTAGs, and other lab and test equipment.
- Experience with 2G/ 3G/4G (C2K, GSM, WCDMA, TD, IMS, LTE, other 3gpp / ITU) standards, mobile protocol stacks, and networking protocols for circuit / packet switched voice and VoIP.
- Ability to analyze RFIs/RFPs/RFCs/RFQs, standards technical specifications, and research papers.
- Experience or coursework knowledge in operating systems, data structures, computer architectures.
- 8+ years of development experience preferred for lead / manager roles.
Feel to reach out at the contact below either through a call or email to discuss about the opportunity.
Contact/Hiring Prime: Brijendra Rao
Contact Number: + 1 469-241-0844
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with me on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brijendraraomj
Sasken Career page: https://ngage.sasken.com/apply/Openings_US.aspx
Sasken Facebook page: http://workfor.us/sasken
Sasken Website: http://www.sasken.com/innovation/
Sasken Communication Technologies Limited
Must be authorized to work in the US.
- US Citizens
- Green Card
- GC - EAD
- L2 - EAD
- TN Work Permit
- F1 OPT