Software integration Engineer
- San Diego, CA
Sasken, a pioneer in telecom R&D outsourcing offers a unique combination of complementary IP software components, research and development consultancy and software services to leading semiconductor manufacturers, network equipment companies and global wireless handset developers. As a part of Sasken, you can look forward to charting the future course of telecom technology worldwide. A fast growing company, it offers you the chance to explore opportunities and pursue dreams. No wonder Sasken is among the top two companies to work for, as rated by the Business Today-Mercer-TNS survey of The Best Company to work for in India in 2004 & 2005. Here’s your opportunity to be a part of the Next Generation Technologies and shape tomorrow’s telecom solution.
- Experience in software development in following areas:
- Understand UMTS/GSM/GPRS/LTE system architecture, 1x/EVDO system architecture.
- HSDPA/UPA, EVDO rev B knowledge a plus.
- Modem over the air log analysis and debugging modem and application processor software using diag logs.
- Understand single chipset solution with both modem and Apps running on one processor (MSM6xxx family) or separate processors (MSM7xxx or newer).
- Dual-core knowledge a plus.
- Understand peripherals system architecture, especially Bluetooth and 802.11 family.
- Driver-level knowledge a plus.
- Understand multimedia components and system architecture.
- Audio/video/camera/camcorder concurrency.
- Middleware knowledge (e.g. OMX) a plus.
- Understand general system architecture of HLOS such as WM, Android etc.
- QNX knowledge a plus.
- Understand ARM processor family.
- Assembly language knowledge a plus.
- ARM Cortex family knowledge a plus.
- Understand general on-chip debugging procedure and troubleshooting.
- Ability to debug C program on Embedded Real Time Systems using JTAG, Trace32, etc.
- Ability to use Version Control Software: Perforce or equivalent.
- Ability to use common development and test tools: Perl, debuggers, and compilers,
- Ability to write and debug Software Generation program: GNU Make, SCons Ability to use wireless communication test equipment, analyze test logs and isolate test failures.
- Ability to communicate clearly with diverse group of software development and test teams Organize effectively, and document work thoroughly
Software integration, verification and debugging at product software.
For day-to-day work:
- Doing Software integration for Product level software
- Debugging and resolving build compilation issues.
- Verification ( sanity) test of the product software
- Log analysis and debugging for root causing the test failures seen after integration.
- Making internal and external software releases following the tools and process in the organization.
Candidates possessing a valid work visa/ authorization to US are invited for our projects: H1B, Initial OPT, Green Card, GC-EAD, L2-EAD, US Citizen, Mexican & Canadian Citizens (TN Permit), Australian Citizens (E3 Visa), Extended OPT (in certain cases). Candidates having only H1/i797 petition approval are also eligible.
Note 1: Currently we do not sponsor H1B visa. We undertake transferring of H1 visa. We would take up processing of expired H1b visa (stamped or unstamped) including expired H1 petition in certain cases.
Note 2: We do not work with B1/B2 business visa, L1 visa type
Position can be held as permanent as well as contracting.
Feel to reach out at the contact below either through a call or email to discuss about the opportunity relating to your expertise. The best way to connect with me is an email, do send out one and we would call you back at the earliest.
Contact/Hiring Prime: Brijendra Rao
Contact Number: +1 (408) 458-9985
Connect with me on LinkedIn:http://www.linkedin.com/in/brijendraraomj
Sasken Career page:https://ngage.sasken.com/apply/Openings_US.aspx
Sasken Facebook page:http://workfor.us/sasken
Sasken Communication Technologies Limited