Modem System Test Engineer
- San Diego, CA
Sasken, a pioneer in telecom R&D outsourcing offers a unique combination of complementary IP software components, research and development consultancy and software services to leading semiconductor manufacturers, network equipment companies and global wireless handset developers. As a part of Sasken, you can look forward to charting the future course of telecom technology worldwide. A fast growing company, it offers you the chance to explore opportunities and pursue dreams. No wonder Sasken is among the top two companies to work for, as rated by the Business Today-Mercer-TNS survey of The Best Company to work for in India in 2004 & 2005. Here’s your opportunity to be a part of the Next Generation Technologies and shape tomorrow’s telecom solution.
- 0-3 years experience in Systems Test
- Good background in one or more of following areas: -
- Solid understanding of digital communications systems, RF propagation, CDMA, OFDM, telecommunications concepts
- Understanding of Physical/MAC layers and Call Processing concepts in one or more of the following air interface standards CDMA2000, 1xEV-DO (Rev 0/A/B), GSM/ GPRS /EDGE / Rel99/ Rel5 / HSDPA/ HSUPA/HSPA+, LTE, TD-SCDMA
- In depth understanding of wire line and wireless data protocol stacks including RLP, PPP, IP, TCP, IPV6, MIPV6, etc.
- Understanding of software development and testing concepts for wireless handsets for various air interface standards
- Familiarity with IP telephony network , SIP, IMS, and IP telephony standards
- Familiarity with air interface performance analysis, characterization and optimization
- Exposure to programming in C, Perl, shell scripting, etc is desired
- Exposure to commercial test simulators and test systems such as Anite, R&S, Agilent, Spirent, Aeroflex, and Anritsu for wireless telephony product verification is a plus
- Handset test experience with UMTS/CDMA operators or with commercial handset OEMs is a big plus
- Some background in VLSI, ASIC testing/verification, DSP
As a member of Modem Test group, candidate will be responsible for verifying Modem software's protocols/features and characterizing system performance in one or more of the following technology areas:
- CDMA2000, 1xEV-DO, WCDMAGSM/GPRS, LTE, TD-SCDMA Modems Candidates can expect to be responsible for testing and verifying physical layer and/or network protocol requirements for complex digital modem ASIC products supporting LTE, UMTS (HSPA+) and IS-2000 technologies.
- Will conduct engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to collect design data or assist in research toward improving the quality of QC's ASIC products.
- Candidate will be working with a multi-discipline team (Software Development, System Design, Customer Support, ASIC Design, RF Circuits and Hardware Design, etc.) to integrate, test and commercialize QCT products. Successful candidate must have strong communication skills, must be an effective team player, and be able to work independently.
Job responsibilities include system level feature integration and test, developing/executing test strategies and test plans, troubleshooting/analyzing problems, optimizing system performance, executing inter-operability tests, and supporting customers with product commercialization.
Candidates possessing a valid work visa/ authorization to US are invited for our projects: H1B, Initial OPT, Green Card, GC-EAD, L2-EAD, US Citizen, Mexican & Canadian Citizens (TN Permit), Australian Citizens (E3 Visa), Extended OPT (in certain cases). Candidates having only H1/i797 petition approval are also eligible.
Note 1: Currently we do not sponsor H1B visa. We undertake transferring of H1 visa. We would take up processing of expired H1b visa (stamped or unstamped) including expired H1 petition in certain cases.
Note 2: We do not work with B1/B2 business visa, L1 visa type
Position can be held as permanent as well as contracting.
Feel to reach out at the contact below either through a call or email to discuss about the opportunity relating to your expertise. The best way to connect with me is an email, do send out one and we would call you back at the earliest.
Contact/Hiring Prime: Brijendra Rao
Contact Number: +1 (408) 458-9985
Email ID: brijendra.menganejagadish(AT)sasken(DOT)com
Connect with me on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brijendraraomj
Sasken Career page: https://ngage.sasken.com/apply/Openings_US.aspx
Sasken Facebook page: http://workfor.us/sasken
Sasken Website: http://www.sasken.com/innovation/
Sasken Communication Technologies Limited