Webtech Test Engineer
- San Diego, CA
Sasken, a pioneer in telecom R&D outsourcing offers a unique combination of complementary IP software components, research and development consultancy and software services to leading semiconductor manufacturers, network equipment companies and global wireless handset developers. As a part of Sasken, you can look forward to charting the future course of telecom technology worldwide. A fast growing company, it offers you the chance to explore opportunities and pursue dreams. No wonder Sasken is among the top two companies to work for, as rated by the Business Today-Mercer-TNS survey of The Best Company to work for in India in 2004 & 2005. Here’s your opportunity to be a part of the Next Generation Technologies and shape tomorrow’s telecom solution.
1. Work with the component and integration teams to develop Browser test cases related to concurrency, system, and stability.
2. Automate functional, concurrency, adversarial, performance, conformance, system, and stability test cases in Webtech Test Framework for various use cases and features.
3. Follow continuous improvement practices to increase incoming and outgoing SW quality.
4. Perform detailed analysis of measured data, some triaging of issues, and prioritization and filing of CRs to respective owners.
5. Author or contribute to the generation of test plans, test reports, bug reports, and technical reports on existing and new technology features
3-5 years of industry experience with the following background:
1. Experience working with mobile or embedded devices.
2. Systems thinker with experience in designing, developing and executing test cases and suites.
3. Strong experience in software development life cycle and testing process with varied system test background.
4. Knowledge and experience working in Android or Linux.
5. Ability to create automation scripts and test tools in a script language such as Perl, Python.
6. Familiarity and working knowledge of device and/or server, performance testing tools.
8. Database Experience (Oracle, MYSQL)
Familiarity with source control systems (esp. git or even gerrit) as desirable (i.e. patch management).
Knowledge of browser internals and WebKit is a plus.
Further your interest, we would like you to answer the below questions.
You may highlight the answer in the Yellow or choose/select the appropriate answer/option from the questions mentioned and share the answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q1: How much are you familiar with Linux/Unix systems?
- I have logged into Unix/Linux system for my work, but I am not familiar with how they work
- I have used Linux systems more than a few times, but I do not understand how the Linux system works.
- I have used Linux systems a lot, comfortable using it for work and development and have some basic understanding of how Linux system works
- I have used Linux systems a lot and have good background and understanding of how Linux system works (concepts such as process, nfs etc)
Q2: How familiar are you with Linux utilities such as sed, awk and make?
- I have not heard about these utilities
- I have heard about these, but I have not used them
- I have used make, sed and awk but do not know how to write makefile or sed/awk scripts
- I have written makefiles, sed and awk scripts for my work but don’t consider myself expert
- I am very experienced in these utilities.
Q3: How much do you know about Linux scripting languages – Perl/Python/Shell Scripts?
- I have heard about shell scripts, perl and python languages but never used them
- I have used shell, perl and python scripts written by others but never wrote one myself
- I have written simple shell, perl/python scripts but do not know all the details
- I have written large shell,perl/python scripts and I have very good background on them
Q4: How familiar are you with C/C++/Java programming?
- I have taken courses in C/C++/Java programming, but I haven’t used them recently or for my work
- I have taken courses in C/C++/Java programming and I have used them for my project/work, but I am not an expert
- I am reasonably comfortable with C/C++/Java programming, can understand other’s code and have augmented existing projects with my code
- I am very comfortable in C/C++/Java programming, have worked on medium/large C/C++/Java code bases and consider myself strong
Q5: Do you have experience working in Mobile/Embedded environment?
- I have not worked on mobile/embedded environment
- I have done some basic testing, but I am not familiar with details of mobile/embedded platforms
- I have good background in Mobile/Embedded testing and worked extensively with related tools
Q6: Do you have experience of working with Database like Oracle, MYSQL?
- I have taken courses in Database/have theoretical knowledge, but I haven’t used them recently or for my work
- I have worked with Databases Oracle/MySQL on previous project, but I am not an expert
- I have worked with various Databases and have modified/written SQL scripts
- I have designed Databases and written associated SQL scripts from scratch
Q7: Do you have experience of working with test automation software like Selenium, Quick Test Pro and JUnit.?
- I have heard about test automation software like Selenium, Quick Test Pro and JUnit but never used them
- I have used test automation software like Selenium, Quick Test Pro and JUnit by executing scripts written by others but never wrote one myself
- I have used test automation software like Selenium, Quick Test Pro and JUnit and modified test scripts
- I have good background in test automation software like Selenium, Quick Test Pro and JUnit and designed/written test scripts from scratch
Candidates possessing a valid work visa/ authorization to US are invited for our projects: H1B, Initial F1 OPT, CPT, Green Card, GC-EAD, L2-EAD, US Citizen, Mexican & Canadian Citizens (TN Permit), Australian Citizens (E3 Visa), Extended/STEM OPT (in certain cases). Candidates having only H1/i797 petition approval are also eligible.
Note 1: Currently we do not sponsor H1B visa. We undertake transferring of H1 visa. We would take up processing of expired H1b visa (stamped or unstamped) including expired H1 petition in certain cases.
Note 2: We do not work with B1/B2 business visa, L1 visa type
Position can be held as permanent as well as contracting (1099/W2/C2C)
Feel to reach out at the contact below either through a call or email to discuss about the opportunity relating to your expertise. The best way to connect with me is an email, do send out one and we would call you back at the earliest.
Contact/Hiring Prime: Brijendra Rao
Contact Number: +91 80 6694 3940 (India)
Connect with me on LinkedIn:http://www.linkedin.com/in/brijendraraomj
Sasken Career page:https://ngage.sasken.com/apply/Openings_US.aspx
Sasken Facebook page:http://workfor.us/sasken
Sasken Communication Technologies Limited