Ongoing need- Graphic Designer/Screen Team
- Cupertino, CA
Schawk’s historical roots stretch back more than 50 years into the execution of brand marketing – into a very wide range of graphics services and premedia services. But through intelligent growth and by watching and responding to our clients’ needs, we have acquired and developed skills and services that guide the life of a brand from its strategic conception to its packaging and advertising and promotion worldwide, throughout its lifecycle. These include brand design and packaging design, photography, workflow technology and workflow consulting, digital assesment and copy management and more.
The Screen Team is a group of production artists whose range of work consists of creating and reviewing final digital assets to be used across a number of mediums. The primary final assets delivered by the Screen Team include: hi-res vector reproductions of screen grabs, icons, hardware images, and lifestyle photography. These deliverables are used for composing interactive, motion graphics, and print layouts.
We are looking for an experienced designer to build assets, you must have an excellent understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and show proficiency in OS X and iOS. Knowledge of Maxon Cinema 4D is preferred.
• Work with team of screen builders, hardware, and lifestyle photography retouchers.
• Set clear goals, manage project loads, and allocate team members while ensuring that deadlines are met.
• Review and assign requests to the team.
• Train/assist new team members, agencies, and global partners in techniques for screen and hardware retouching.
• Help develop and streamline process manuals and training materials.
• Develop best practices for managing files, folders, and naming conventions.
• Collect data to forecast and evaluate trends for staffing requirements.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to keep projects on track.
• Follow set schedules and expectations of upcoming work and deadlines.
• Contribute to broader screen, hardware, and/or lifestyle retouching efforts.
• Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
• BA or BS degree
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a management or leadership role on a design or production team in an agency or in-house corporate graphic design department.
• Strong ability to multi-task, organize, problem-solve, and communicate well while keeping a calm demeanor under tight deadlines.
• Possess a strong knowledge for consumer electronic products and apps.
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
• Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
• Detail oriented and focused on continual process improvement; must have a strong desire to learn from and share knowledge and discoveries with others on the team.
• Minimum 5 years of production experience with the following programs: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, and Maxon Cinema 4D.
• Strong production portfolio with examples of complex executions in different production mediums that include Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, and Maxon Cinema 4D.