Temporary Senior Package Designer
- San Francisco, CA
Schawk’s historical roots stretch back more than 50 years into the execution of brand marketing – into a very wide range of graphics services and premedia services. But through intelligent growth and by watching and responding to our clients’ needs, we have acquired and developed skills and services that guide the life of a brand from its strategic conception to its packaging and advertising and promotion worldwide, throughout its lifecycle. These include brand design and packaging design, photography, workflow technology and workflow consulting, digital assesment and copy management and more.
A Senior Designer in this role is responsible to develop creative concepts and implement visual elements for client deliverables across various touchpoints. Expertise should include Package Design, Brand Identity, and an overall understanding of Branding and Brand Strategy. Print Design and Corporate Identity a plus. This role would function as a part of the creative team to deliver complex design solutions with a heightened sense of strategic thinking, aesthetics, and craft. Must be fluent in presenting work to both internal and client facing audiences communicating clearly how solutions deliver to the objectives of a creative brief. Ensures deliverables are completed in an efficient manner - on time and on budget. Must coordinate, prioritize, and mentor the work of other team members in addition to personal assigned projects. This role requires excellence on a project basis as well as exhibiting a sense of leadership in design related issues studio-wide. A Senior Designer will work closely under the Design Director and Creative Director and in concert with mid-level and junior designers.
- Attends client meetings as necessary
- Ensures the highest quality standards in all creative/design client deliverables
- Ensures accurate, consistent, and timely completion of basic to advanced level client design deliverables within budget, meeting client expectations, objectives, and creative brief specifications.
- Presents or participates in creative brief processes or planning meetings with clients and/or internal teams for assignments of varying scope and complexity as needed.
- Meets quality standards at all times for all assigned deliverables and makes recommendations to Management for improvements in creative/design concept, tools, processes and/or assigned tasks
- Supports Company’s profitability efforts by focusing on the efficient, accurate and timely completion of the assigned creative/design activities.
- Seeks developmental opportunities to grow skill set and career growth, and ensure a satisfactory employment experience; and to help maintain an open mind and enhance the flexibility to adapt to change as the business environment dictates
- Promotes a healthy work environment by focusing on achieving SMART (specific, measureable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound) work objectives and by encouraging teamwork (Listening and valuing the opinions of others, and acknowledging their accomplishments and efforts.) May train others on basic to intermediate technical skills.
Qualifications / Requirements:
Education and Certifications:
- College degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) or equivalent degree within appropriate discipline such as Graphic Arts, Graphic Design, Package Design, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required.
- Graduate degree within appropriate discipline a plus
- 5 – 10 years creative or design experience with a Studio or Agency (Advertising, Marketing, Publishing, environment or similar Graphic Arts environment.)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of Schawks’ products, solutions and services a plus.An excellent understanding of CPG/Retail client needs relative to products and services is a must.
- Proficient in Creative/Design practices, trends, techniques, and processes across various touchpoints (e.g. packaging, Brand Identity, Print Design, Corporate Identity, etc.)
- Excellent people, organizational, and analytical skills (including time management and attention to detail).
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written, verbal)
- Specific Functional SW (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
- Apple Mac equipment and operating systems and Overall Business SW (e.g. MS-Office Suite) a plus.
- Advanced Creative Design skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, to collaborate effectively with key partners in other areas of the organization, to handle a heavy workload, to prioritize work, and to meet assigned deadlines.