- Walled Lake, MI
We are conducting a confidential search for a Plant/Operations Manager. The opportunity exists at the company corporate headquarters located in southeast Michigan (northwest Oakland County).
The client is a leading international systems integrator headquartered in Michigan, with office locations in five other states around the USA (minimal travel may be required). They provide leading edge technology systems for Fortune 500 clientele that seek the best products and ongoing service available.
In all aspects of company operations to their community involvement, they are committed to the future and plan everything they do with that in mind. They are dedicated to providing the most innovative and useful solutions that deliver the results their customers want.
The company is on the verge of significant growth and is looking for an individual with strong supervisory skills to lead a team of 50 delivering world class products to Fortune 500 customers. The team is a blend of professional and technical individuals that enjoy the highly technical nature of their work. As the company is growing, the need for greater control and management is important as new products and projects are in the pipeline which will require the utmost attention to detail and management of the complex nature of their processes.
This individual will oversee design, electrical and mechanical engineering groups, product and fabrication teams, as well as installation and service technicians and project management. Experience with a diverse population with a common goal is a must. Additionally, supporting peer management and their staff in sales and marketing will also be expected.
Key Performance Indicators
All products and services delivered on time and within budget
Highest standards of quality for all products and services delivered
Staff exhibits pride in, and takes ownership of their work
Core Goals and Objectives
Insure that all products and services are delivered on time and within budget
Manage operational staff (design, engineering, fabrication, etc)
Maintain strict quality assurance on projects
Manage and oversee training process
Allocate technical staff for sales and marketing needs
Effectively maintain and develop customer, vendor and partner relationships
Consistently work to improve standard operational policy and procedure
Deliver stellar support to existing customers in all situations
Additional functions served by this role include:
* Provide leadership on projects.
* Ensure that all safety and environmental standards are followed.
* Maintain control and track scope, cost and schedule on projects.
* Set priorities.
* Regularly review project status, schedule, cost, drawings and specifications with internal team members.
* Establish strategy for each project and prepare scopes-of-work.
* Evaluate project timelines for workforce utilization balance
* Review and sign off on all project milestones.
* Confirm all Statements of Work.
* Direct activities of design, electrical and mechanical engineering teams.
* Commission all project facilities and equipment and insure conformity to specification.
* Oversee coordination with building, environmental and construction contacts as necessary.
* Utilize the Management of Change process.
* B.S. in an Engineering or technical discipline.
* An MBA is desirable.
* A Project Management Professional Certificate is desirable.
* Minimum 15 years Operations Management or Plant Management experience.
* Experience in Project Management in an industry that involves design, engineering and fabrication is a plus.
* Strong supervisor skills are a must.
For a confidential conversation to learn more about this client please contact us directly.
Position open until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
The client participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Please visit www.uscis.gov for more information.