Executive Administrative Assistant
- Hoffman Estates, IL
Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores is a national retailer primarily focused on selling home appliances, hardware, tools and lawn and garden equipment. We operate through two segments - the Sears Hometown and Hardware segment and the Sears Outlet segment.
Our Sears Hometown and Hardware stores are designed to provide our customers with in-store and online access to a wide selection of national brands of home appliances, tools, lawn and garden equipment, sporting goods, consumer electronics and household goods, depending on the particular store.
Our Sears Outlet stores are designed to provide our customers with in-store and online access to new, one-of-a-kind, out-of-carton, discontinued, obsolete, used, reconditioned, overstocked and scratched and dented products across a broad assortment of merchandise categories, including home appliances, lawn and garden equipment, apparel, mattresses, sporting goods, tools, and consumer electronics at prices that are significantly lower than manufacturers’ suggested retail prices.
- Plays a significant role in managing and planning the executive's time by making appointments, travel arrangements and meeting arrangements that may require coordination between departments and outside parties, and frequently uses own judgment in managing schedules and ensuring time is used efficiently
- Assembles and analyzes information to prepare a variety of documents, including agendas, correspondence, memoranda, reports and presentations, and prepares materials from very rough drafts into final materials
- Organizes large meetings and events, including coordinating agendas, planning logistics, meeting equipment needs and more
- Answers telephones, handles inquiries and transfers calls to the appropriate party
- Answers mail and inquiries on own initiative, and follows up with other departments to ensure requests are carried out
- Manages routine administrative processes for the department, which may include ordering supplies, processing travel expenses, processing payments and researching charges to department budget
- Assists with non-routine duties as needed by management
- Follows compliance of the Code of Conduct and all applicable Company policies and procedures
- Creates and administers various business reports
- Handles attendance, expenses, travel and other reporting
- Processes paperwork (i.e., invoices) accurately and timely
- Handles sensitive and confidential Company information (financial and personal)
- Acts as a self-starter, and identifies tasks and projects with minimal guidance and direction
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5-10 years of related experience
- 18 years of age or older