Commissioned Sales Associate
- Phoenix, AZ
Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores is a national retailer primarily focused on selling home appliances, hardware, tools and lawn and garden equipment. We operate through two segments - the Sears Hometown and Hardware segment and the Sears Outlet segment.
Our Sears Hometown and Hardware stores are designed to provide our customers with in-store and online access to a wide selection of national brands of home appliances, tools, lawn and garden equipment, sporting goods, consumer electronics and household goods, depending on the particular store.
Our Sears Outlet stores are designed to provide our customers with in-store and online access to new, one-of-a-kind, out-of-carton, discontinued, obsolete, used, reconditioned, overstocked and scratched and dented products across a broad assortment of merchandise categories, including home appliances, lawn and garden equipment, apparel, mattresses, sporting goods, tools, and consumer electronics at prices that are significantly lower than manufacturers’ suggested retail prices.
Takes ownership for enhancing the customer experience, assisting customers by utilizing approved consultative selling practices
and guidelines to identify customer needs and provide appropriate solutions
* Meets or exceeds associate performance standards consistently
* Understands website navigation, and proactively leverages technology in order to facilitate the customer experience and provide
customer solutions when the product is not available in the store
* Maintains current knowledge of merchandise lines; product features, benefits and availability; Sears Advantages, such as the price
match and price protection policies; and, if applicable, delivery, installation and/or service options to respond to customer needs
* Optimizes credit, gift card, Shop Your Way Rewards and multi-channel opportunities (and, where applicable, Protection
Agreements, Sears Purchase Protect, delivery, installation and other miscellaneous income opportunities)
* Processes customer transactions in the Point of Sale system, including sales, returns and exchanges in accordance with
* Completes required training in the expected timeframe, and participates in ongoing learning opportunities
* Partners with other selling and sales support associates and cashiers to provide superior customer service (i.e., locate
merchandise, assist customers, answer phones and ring register)
* Maintains merchandise standards and ready all day standards within assigned departments, including replenishment and
housekeeping for associates in all departments (and ad set up/take down for associates in Home Appliances, Fine Jewelry and
Footwear; pad set up for associates in Home Improvement)
* Uses basic internet navigation to access and print information and reports
* Performs other duties as assigned