Associate, Apparel Customer Assistance
- Albany, NY
Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores is a national retailer primarily focused on selling home appliances, hardware, tools and lawn and garden equipment. We operate through two segments - the Sears Hometown and Hardware segment and the Sears Outlet segment.
Our Sears Hometown and Hardware stores are designed to provide our customers with in-store and online access to a wide selection of national brands of home appliances, tools, lawn and garden equipment, sporting goods, consumer electronics and household goods, depending on the particular store.
Our Sears Outlet stores are designed to provide our customers with in-store and online access to new, one-of-a-kind, out-of-carton, discontinued, obsolete, used, reconditioned, overstocked and scratched and dented products across a broad assortment of merchandise categories, including home appliances, lawn and garden equipment, apparel, mattresses, sporting goods, tools, and consumer electronics at prices that are significantly lower than manufacturers’ suggested retail prices.
The Apparel Customer Assistance Associate is responsible for enhancing the experience of customers and driving sales by providing proactive sales assistance ands support to customers for Sears Apparel in Ready to Wear, Men's Fashions, Kid's Fashions, Baby Hardlines and Home Fashions in-store by maintaining merchandise standards, ensuring the sales floor is Ready All Day and maintaining visual displays. Responsible for providing sales assistance, customer support and help to maintain all Outlet merchandise presentation standards in Ready to Wear, Men's Fashions, Kid's Fashions, Baby Hardlines and Home Fashions, and helping to receive and price Apparel merchandise as needed. • Takes ownership for enhancing the customer experience, assisting customers by utilizing approved consultative selling practices and guidelines to identify customer needs and providing appropriate solutions
• Maintains sales floor in a manner consistent with Outlet merchandising, selling and presentation standards
• Drives revenue growth through the use of sales and customer service skills and abilities
• Remains knowledgeable about Sears Outlet Apparel merchandise lines, product features, benefits and availability to respond to customer needs
• Partners with other selling and Sales Support Associates and Cashiers to provide superior customer service as needed (i.e., locate merchandise, assist customers, answer phones, ring register)
• Supports and adheres to merchandise protection standards
• Optimizes credit and gift card opportunities
• Internet navigation to access and print information and reports
• Assists in receiving, processing and pricing apparel merchandise as needed
• Processes go-backs from fitting rooms and cash wrap areas
• Replenishes Apparel merchandise from stockroom and new receipts
• Takes responsibility for Apparel sales floor signing and Apparel promotional event signing
• Supports Processing Associates and Apparel Processing Lead in maintaining organized Apparel stockroom
• Performs other duties as assigned
• 1-2 years experience preferred
• Ability to partner with other Associates in the store in order to enhance the customer experience
• Ability to listen to customers, understand their needs and provide them with superior service
Please apply online at: https://www.recruitacommunity.com/srctcb/RTI.home?t=11265&r=2000025911510 and search for Job ID: 1263307