Director of Operations
- 6211 E 42nd Ave, Denver, CO 80216, USA
Since 1918, Seattle Fish Co. has supplied high-quality seafood to restaurants, hotels, caterers and grocers throughout Denver and the Rocky Mountain area. As the region’s largest supplier of fresh fish, we’re proud to provide our community with an unparalleled selection of seafood that showcases the same passionate dedication to personal service that this multi-generational family company has fostered for nearly a century.
Seattle Fish Co uses Culture Index as a system to manage and motivate our employees, leverage your unique strengths, and to provide development opportunities that engage and retain our SFC family. As a part of your application, please copy and paste the link below into your browser window and complete the Culture Index Survey. We ask that all applicants complete the survey in order to be considered for employment.
The Director of Operations is responsible for leading all operational aspects of the company and specifically supporting the aggressive and successful growth plans of the company. This position is a member of the Executive Team and advises the CEO and other members on all relevant issues. Through a respectful, constructive, and energetic style, the Director of Operations provides the leadership, management, and vision to inspire a focus on operational excellence, people systems, productivity, cost control, and a bias towards action.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide operational leadership to the organization that delivers on strategic initiatives while honoring the adopted mission and core values of the company.
- Develop, coach and mentor direct reports with a strong emphasis on continual improvement, skill development, high quality work, teamwork, and active engagement.
- Support our focus on exceptional customer experience and authentic customer partnership by delivering on our brand promise.
- Use analytical thinking to make critical decisions and solve real-world business problems.
- Develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization.
- Build consensus among conflicting points of view through active discussion.
- Develop trust and confidence with sales, purchasing and related staff through a collaborative and action-oriented style.
- Drive improvement in productivity through training, process, technology, structure, innovation, etc.
- Plan, direct, control, implement, evaluate, monitor, and forecast budgets and operational costs in each managed department to achieve financial objectives.
- Advance organizational stability and performance through collaboration, change and risk management.
- Establish quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure continual compliance with all regulatory and federal agencies.
- Ensure safety regulations are followed and create a culture of safety.
- Project a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Production Manager
- Distribution Manager
- Safety Manager
- Master’s degree in related field preferred; Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 10+ years' of relevant experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience leading a supply chain function.
- Experience of managing continuous improvement and implementing change to meet the needs of a growing business.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to inspire others.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office and other relevant software tools.
Compensation for this role is $120,000 - $160,000, based on experience
Seattle Fish offers a comprehensive benefit packaging including:
- Medical insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid long-term and short-term disability
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid volunteer time
- Paid health club membership
- Discount pricing on seafood and gourmet products
- Swagger that comes from making positive impact through meaningful work
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Seattle Fish Company makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Meet Seattle Fish Co.
For more than 100 years, Seattle Fish Co. has been dedicated to serving those who serve others. It all began back in 1918, when our founder Mose Iacino first started bringing seafood to landlocked Colorado. At just 16 years old, Mose would hand-select fresh fish at the Seattle markets, carefully pack it in sawdust and ice and ship it to Denver by railcar, replenishing the ice at stops along the way. Then, from Union Station, he tirelessly pushed a wooden cart around downtown, bringing his sought-after fish and oysters to Denver chefs, markets and restaurants.
The core values that Mose instilled in his budding company back then still drive us today. They are what we stand for, what we believe in – and they’re reflected every day in the work we do, the people we employ, and the businesses we serve. We are a family first and company second. Every day our diverse, engaged and high-performing staff work together toward common goals. They learn from one another, and treat each other with respect. The people we draw to us are people who believe – in themselves, in our customers, and in our work. We’re passionate about giving back. We believe it’s our responsibility - through outreach, fundraising and volunteering with nonprofits – to make a positive and lasting impact on the community we love and that has supported us since day one. What underpins all these values – and really sets us apart – is our holistic dedication to sustainability.