Member Services Representative (Rainier)
- Rainier, WA
Do you enjoy meeting new people?
Are you a sales driven individual, who is not afraid to sell your product to anyone?
Do you love a challenge of bringing in new business and building long lasting relationships?
The 7 Cooperative Principles
Principle #1 (Inclusiveness): Membership Should Be Open To All
Principle #2 (Voice): Members Should Call The Shots
Principle #3 (Participation): Rates & Fees Should Benefit Our Members
Principle #4 (Independence): Autonomy & Independence Set Us Apart
Principle #5 (Education): Financial Education Should Be Free & Available To All
Principle #6 (Cooperation): Cooperation Among Cooperatives Is Vital
Principle #7 (Community): Giving Back To The Community Is An Obligation
If any of those sound like you, you might very well make a fabulous addition to the SMCU Cooperative! SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is: We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams. At SMCU, it is our employees who truly make us a success. After all, it is our staff members who directly provide the excellent service our membership expects and deserves.
Please visit http://www.smcu.com/home/about/employment to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union.
The Community Lending Specialist (current openings at our Downtown Seattle, South Seattle and Lynnwood branches) ensures the success of the credit union by proactively reaching assigned sales goals including new memberships and consumer loans from application through funding, as well as going out into the community and bring business into the credit union by fostering relationships with organizations and businesses in and within surrounding areas of the branch location.
Essential Job Functions
- Originates and funds internal and external consumer and equity loans in accordance with assigned daily/weekly/monthly sales goals
- Generates new loan and membership business through sales activities such as outbound calling, networking with local businesses, participation in community events, and performing in-person sales calls
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of consumer finance and provides education and counsel to members upon request
- General working knowledge of residential mortgage lending is a plus
- Maintains thorough knowledge of consumer lending policies and procedures
- Possesses a working knowledge of additional products and services such as deposit products and alternate delivery channels
- Supports, promotes, and cross-sells credit union products and services while meeting referral goals
- Delivers positive member experiences and interactions by conducting needs based conversations utilizing the Omega Sales and Service Model
- Experienced in documenting and maintaining individual sales results documentation
- Adheres to SMCU Shared Values
- Maintains acceptable quality of work in accordance with SMCU standards
- Other duties may be assigned
- Knowledge of consumer and equity lending
- Knowledge of all applicable state and federal regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge of credit union history and its philosophy preferred
- General knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other Office Suite products
- Education or job knowledge equivalent to high school education, with 2-4 years of college preferred.
- Demonstrated sales ability working in a commission based environment
- Good oral and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language
- Excellent organizational skills
- Accurate keyboarding and typing skills
- Any foreign language fluency is a plus Abilities
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast-paced environment
- Ability to generate both in-house and external sales
- Ability to maintain excellent attendance
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to communicate with tact , discretion and courtesy within and outside the organization
- Ability to understand and readily learn computer lending and other system applications
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
- Ability to make decisions and work independently
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to operate various office equipment
- Minimum one year experience originating and funding consumer loan applications
- Minimum of two year sales experience, with a focus on outside sales, and has demonstrated the ability to meet goals
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please visit http://www.smcu.com/home/about/employment to apply to this position directly on our website and to view all open positions which we are currently hiring for at SMCU, and take a look at our employee Compensation & Benefits.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V