- Victoria, Canada
At Seeker Solutions, we build solutions to real-world business problems using Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning. Our development teams support existing solutions, build new projects and enhancements, and research cutting-edge Natural Language Processing techniques. As we expand our client base into several new industries, we're undergoing a major growth stage in all of the departments.
Our offices are full of happy people who enjoy awesome perks (Nerf gun fights, gym memberships, a well-stocked kitchen, plus more) and are passionate about what they do. If you're not in our area and are open to moving, Victoria and Vancouver are beautiful cities, boasting vibrant cultural scenes and nearby locations for skiing and surfing.
If you're ready to help shape the future of our company and bring new NLP solutions to market, please apply. We are looking for people who love what they’re doing – because if you love your job, you never have to work a day in your life.
Reporting to the IT Operations Team Lead, the Systems Administrator supports the entire company by sharing in the responsibility for the infrastructure underlying systems both internal- and external-facing. The successful candidate will embrace the challenge this presents by always having several potential points of improvement and prioritizing based on general team objectives.
- Plans for, provisions, maintaining and updating servers
- Administers assorted “cloud” services and their links to on-premise systems
- Monitors metrics related to all aspects of service delivery and takes action accordingly
- Constantly re-assesses systems and processes with a critical eye towards security, utilization, optimization
- Collaborates with the Software Development Team and helps translate their system design into an element of the IT Operations Team’s capacity planning
- Keeps up to date with industry best practices and security advisories on a variety of topics, and shares relevant information or transforms it into recommendations as needed
- Participates in on-call rotation to deal with server failures and outages
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar
- Experience with modern virtualization tools and theory
- Experience with Symantec End-Point and Symantec BackupExec
- Experience evaluating hardware and/or software solutions both alone and as part of a team
- Experience in software development
- Knowledge of Agile Development process
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar capacity
- Working knowledge of software development environments
- Experience with both Linux and Windows servers
- Strong Understanding of Active Directory Services
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; able and willing to maintain documentation on systems and processes
- Able to write scripts in some administrative language such as Perl, Python, VBScript, Windows PowerShell
- Able to solve problems quickly and automate tasks he or she does
- Very comfortable working with Windows and Mac based systems
Salary: Salary to be determined by experience
Start date: January 7, 2013
Job Status: Full time
Please forward your cover letter and resume in one PDF or Word document to email@example.com
While Seeker Solutions Inc. values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted