HR Assistant – 13 Month Contract (Maternity Leave)
- Victoria, Canada
Who are we?
At Seeker Solutions, we build solutions to real-world problems using Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning. Our development teams support existing solutions, build new projects and enhancements, and research cutting-edge Natural Language Processing techniques.
One of the key areas we are currently engaged in is the research and development of software used to analyze structured and unstructured data in the field of health informatics, and in the provision of professional services related to such analysis. The goal of our work is to improve patients’ lives as we aim to support the decision making process of health care professionals (both researchers and practitioners). As we develop our systems and expand our client base, we're looking to add to our teams the very best people we can find.
Why choose Seeker?
Our offices are full of people who are interested in their work and who are passionate about what they do. We strive to give our team members what they need to get things done including:
- A pleasant work environment with additional perks (ie. a well-stocked kitchen, foosball and games room, plus more)
- Support to expand both your technical and non-technical skills including expert-led in-house training and conference attendance
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for the top talent in our Human Resources department. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HR Assistant will provide administrative support to the HR Team.
- Participates fully in the endeavours of the Human Resources team to provide friendly and efficient administrative support
- Maintain the file system, new employee documentation, and other data in a highly confidential environment
- Researches courses, conventions, trade shows and other training opportunities
- Assist with coordinating the new hire paperwork
- Coordinate meetings and candidate interviews
- Assist the HR department in their duties as necessary
- Other duties as necessary
- 2+ years of experience working in an office environment
- Successful security check
- Able to maintain confidential information and use sound judgement and tact when dealing with personal or sensitive issues
- Resourceful and comfortable with learning new concepts, tools and technologies
- Effective time management and organizational skills with a passion for detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Welcomes challenges and flexible to change
- Understand the responsibilities of HR
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to collaborate and contribute in a team environment
- Positive attitude and commitment to maintaining a positive work environment
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including BC Human Rights Code, BC Employment Standards Act and BC Employment Standards Regulations
- Knowledge of WCB requirements
Salary: $1,400 Bi-weekly
Job Status: 13 month contract starting as soon as possible for Maternity leave
Job Location: Victoria
Positions Available: 1
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
While Seeker Solutions Inc. values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted