- Victoria, Canada
Who are we?
Seeker Solutions is a software development company with a focus on the health informatics field. Founded in 2008 by CEO Duncan MacRae to research natural language processing and machine learning technologies, Seeker has grown to more than 60 people located in Victoria and Vancouver. Our competencies include large-scale data handling, free text processing, system integration, and information and knowledge discovery.
Seeker holds secure private funding, which allows us to focus on solving difficult problems with a long-term approach while adhering to our values. Our goal is to improve Health Outcome Management through the analysis of structured and unstructured data.
Why choose Seeker?
Seeker’s employees enjoy awesome perks and are passionate about what they do. We strive to give our team members what they need to get things done including:
- The technical tools to build amazing product.
- Time outside the core development activities to explore new ideas (we have hackathons and days scheduled for non-product innovation)
- Support to expand both your technical and non-technical skills, including expert-led in-house training and conference opportunities
- A pleasant work environment with additional perks (ie. gym memberships, a well-stocked kitchen, foosball and games room, plus more)
- Other benefits to make your out-of-work life better (excellent health care packages, employer contribution to RRSP)
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for the top talent in UX/UI to help us explore and create the ultimate user experience for our products in health informatics.
We are looking for you if your passion in life is design and expressing that passion is articulated by crafting software products that people will use.
We are looking for the kind of person who wants to use the latest tools available to help us communicate with our users the meaning of the analysis of terabytes of data. Our ideal candidate has an interest in visualizing the results of scientific research and communicating trends and anomalies in those data sets.
Your work at Seeker will be to design and build the user interfaces for our product that will allow the various personas to both consume and manipulate very large datasets and complex relationships amongst the data. You will have to think way outside the box and create new visualizations from scratch. This is a hands-on position: your job will start with the wireframe and finish with a final product.
- Lead the design and implementation for the full user experience of our product
- Be the authority on user interfaces and user experiences
- Work with backend developers to build and implement user interfaces
- Storyboard and implement user interfaces for new software applications
- Brand/iconography design and development
- Minimum 5 years of design vision and implementation in a team environment
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Demonstrable skills in visual communication, layout, typography, iconography, color harmony, branding, and UI design
- Expert working knowledge of the following software packages and technologies:
- HTML 5 /CSS
- Expert knowledge in multiple form factor, cross-device, and cross-platform usability, development, and testing
- mobile web UI development experience would be nice
- Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts or Graphic Design preferred, but not necessary if you possess the desired skill set
Salary: Salary to be determined by experience
Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years of UX/UI work, preferably with some team leadership responsibilities
Job Status: Full time
Job Location: Victoria
Positions Available: 1
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please include a link to your portfolio and/or work examples.
We can only accept applications from people legally allowed to work in Canada.
While Seeker Solutions Inc. values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted