- Victoria, Canada
Who Are We?
Seeker Solutions is a software development company with a focus on the health informatics field. Founded in 2008 by CEO Duncan MacRae to research natural language processing and machine learning technologies, Seeker has grown to more than 60 people located in Victoria and Vancouver. Our competencies include large-scale data handling, free text processing, system integration, and information and knowledge discovery.
Seeker holds secure private funding, which allows us to focus on solving difficult problems with a long-term approach while adhering to our values. Our goal is to improve Health Outcome Management through the analysis of structured and unstructured data.
Why Choose Seeker?
Seeker’s employees enjoy awesome perks and are passionate about what they do. We strive to give our team members what they need to get things done including:
- The technical tools to build amazing product.
- Support to expand both your technical and non-technical skills, including expert-led in-house training and conference opportunities
- A pleasant work environment with additional perks (ie. gym memberships, a well-stocked kitchen, foosball and games room, plus more)
- Other benefits to make your out-of-work life better (excellent health care packages, employer contribution to RRSP)
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative, reception and clerical support to complement the effective and efficient operations of the organization. The Administrative Assistant is part of the Administrative pool and as such, tasks may vary from day to day, in accordance with the needs and initiatives of the company.
The successful candidate will participate fully in the endeavours of the Office Team to provide friendly and efficient administrative support to all members of our corporate community. He/she will also maintain work hours to ensure attendance in the office when most needed.
- Takes the position as Health and Safety chair – recording meetings minutes, maintaining supplies, planning regular safety drills and encouraging participation
- As part of the admin pool, records detailed minutes for internal and external meetings when required
- Assists with areas of on-going special projects
- Coordinates process for procurement of office furnishings from including quotes, delivery and installation
- Coordinates all logistics for staff meetings, including ordering lunches, arranging technical support, venue bookings, as well as any other requirements
- Greets and assists all visitors at the reception desk and on the telephone, being a friendly and welcoming first line of contact at Seeker Solutions.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of all office area including meeting rooms and kitchen/snack area
- Other duties as required
- 2-3 years experience working in an office environment
- Administrative Assistant certificate or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Able to maintain a high level of trust with colleagues and management, demonstrating sound work ethic
- Able to collaborate and contribute in a team environment
- Resourceful and able to quickly learn new technologies and concepts
- Welcomes challenges and flexible to change
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity along with a cheerful, “can-do” attitude
- A willingness to work hard and have fun
- Familiar with Gmail and Google aps
- Familiar with use of Mac’s and wiki programs such as Confluence
- Willingness to become a certified Occupational First Aid Level 2 attendant
Salary: $36,000 - $43,000
Start date: As soon as possible
Job Status: Full time
All applicants must be legally allowed to work in Canada
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward your cover letter and resume in PDF or a Word document to email@example.com
While Seeker Solutions Inc. values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted