Information Technology Manager
- Victoria, Canada
Who Are We?
Seeker Solutions is a software development company with a focus on the health informatics field. Founded in 2008 by CEO Duncan MacRae to research natural language processing and machine learning technologies, Seeker has grown to more than 60 people located in Victoria and Vancouver. Our competencies include large-scale data handling, free text processing, system integration, and information and knowledge discovery.
Seeker holds secure private funding, which allows us to focus on solving difficult problems with a long-term approach while adhering to our values. Our goal is to improve Health Outcome Management through the analysis of structured and unstructured data.
Why Choose Seeker?
Seeker’s employees enjoy awesome perks and are passionate about what they do. We strive to give our team members what they need to get things done including:
- The technical tools to build amazing product.
- Time outside the core development activities to explore new ideas (we have hackathons and days scheduled for non-product innovation)
- Support to expand both your technical and non-technical skills, including expert-led in-house training and conference opportunities
- A pleasant work environment with additional perks (ie. gym memberships, a well-stocked kitchen, foosball and games room, plus more)
- Other benefits to make your out-of-work life better (excellent health care packages, employer contribution to RRSP)
The IT Manager is responsible for implementing the vision and strategic objectives for Seeker’s IT department by mentoring and coaching its staff and managing the competing pressures of longer-term projects with day-to-day activities. This demanding role balances technical knowledge and business understanding with excellent communication and leadership skills.
As a focal point for the translation of vision into operational leadership, the IT Manager will need to quickly and clearly understand the information given to them by all IT teams and contextualize it with the operations of other departments and organizational priorities.
The IT Manager will need to manage several concurrent projects to completion on time, on budget and on scope. They will integrate with Seeker project management functions on larger projects to bring together subject matter expertise and cross-departmental project management. In all cases they will be counted on to bring visibility into the project for their team and for the company.
As Seeker is growing fast, one of the key goals for this position will be to increase their department’s maturity to keep service levels in line with the security expected for private health data. The IT Manager will be essential in architecting and implementing this change by building new IT processes in keeping with the company’s culture and coaching people through the transition.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage and lead the IT department to world-class status, enabling it to support Seeker’s future growth and operations and be a key driver of that change
- Work with Policies & Procedures Coordinator to recommend, draft and maintains IT policies and procedures to support the company’s objectives while keeping with the company’s values and culture
- Manage and monitor IT risk, applying best practices
- Work closely with Software Development and the Operations Team to ensure open communication and internal transparency
- Work with the Support Team to ensure they maintain optimal innovation and development environments without sacrificing the security of Seeker assets
- Design, justify and implement IT projects to achieve strategic and tactical goals
- Oversee external web services and accounts, ensuring the continued compliance and security of company information
- Communicate to the company about IT effectively and frequently
- Manage the IT Operating budget
- Other duties as requested
- 3+ years in a leadership or management role, with responsibility for people as well as technical outcomes
- Proven resourcefulness and ability to prioritize goals while managing multiple teams
- Experience or certification with the ITIL framework
- Strategic planning experience in IT and business analysis
- Proven ability to make decisions for the company’s IT requirements
- Excellent analytical skills, thinks proactively
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience or certification with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
Salary: Salary to be determined by experience
Job Status: Full time
Job Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Positions Available: 1
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We can only accept applications from people legally allowed to work in Canada.
We encourage you to also provide samples of your work. While code samples are optional, they may help your application stand out from the rest.
While Seeker Solutions Inc. values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted