- Victoria, Canada
Who Are We?
Seeker Solutions is a software development company with a focus on the health informatics field. Founded in 2008 by CEO Duncan MacRae to research natural language processing and machine learning technologies, Seeker has grown to more than 60 people located in Victoria and Vancouver. Our competencies include large-scale data handling, free text processing, system integration, and information and knowledge discovery.
Seeker holds secure private funding, which allows us to focus on solving difficult problems with a long-term approach while adhering to our values. Our goal is to improve Health Outcome Management through the analysis of structured and unstructured data.
Why Choose Seeker?
Seeker’s employees enjoy awesome perks and are passionate about what they do. We strive to give our team members what they need to get things done including:
- Support to expand both your technical and non-technical skills, including expert-led in-house training and conference opportunities
- A pleasant work environment with additional perks (ie. gym memberships, a well-stocked kitchen, foosball and games room, plus more)
- Other benefits to make your out-of-work life better (excellent health care packages, employer contribution to RRSP)
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Accountant is responsible for compiling and analyzing financial information. This will include reconciling, compiling financial reports, management reports, SR&ED returns, budgeting and other ad hoc accounting related projects. The Accountant will occasionally assist in the processing of day to day accounting transactional information. The Accountant enjoys working independently, as well as in a fun spirited team environment that includes working with internal customer service groups.
- Prepares monthly budget management reports for a number of departments
- Completes bank reconciliations, and credit card reconciliations
- Develops and maintains the General Ledger/Chart of Accounts
- Prepares cash, operating and capital budgets
- Prepares year-end financial reports
- Prepares SR&ED Filings
- Works with confidential information, including payroll information in a professional, discreet manner
- Other duties, as necessary
- University or college education in accounting/finance or at a 3rd or 4th year level of an accounting program (CMA/CGA/CA)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience using accounting software at an advanced level
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Maturity and a high level of integrity and discretion
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle issues of a sensitive nature with tact and discretion
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups
- A willingness to grow with the position
Salary: Salary to be determined by experience
Job Status: Full time
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We can only accept applications from people legally allowed to work in Canada.
We encourage you to also provide samples of your work. While code samples are optional, they may help your application stand out from the rest.
While Seeker Solutions Inc. values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted