Information Technology Support Analyst
- Victoria, Canada
Who Are We?
Seeker Solutions is a software development company with a focus on the health informatics field. Founded in 2008 by CEO Duncan MacRae to research natural language processing and machine learning technologies, Seeker has grown to more than 60 people located in Victoria and Vancouver. Our competencies include large-scale data handling, free text processing, system integration, and information and knowledge discovery.
Seeker holds secure private funding, which allows us to focus on solving difficult problems with a long-term approach while adhering to our values. Our goal is to improve Health Outcome Management through the analysis of structured and unstructured data.
Why Choose Seeker?
Seeker’s employees enjoy awesome perks and are passionate about what they do. We strive to give our team members what they need to get things done including:
- Support to expand both your technical and non-technical skills, including expert-led in-house training and conference opportunities
- A pleasant work environment with additional perks (ie. gym memberships, a well-stocked kitchen, foosball and games room, plus more)
- Other benefits to make your out-of-work life better (excellent health care packages, employer contribution to RRSP)
Reporting to the Support Team Lead, the Support Analyst assists in providing day-to-day IT Support services to Seeker Solutions and its client companies. These include service desk operation, workstation maintenance, warranty contacts, lifecycle management, and other support needs as required. The Support Analyst is also a primary client liaison into the broader IT space and an expert at bringing issues forth in an expedited and productive manner.
- Tracks major or recurring issues using a helpdesk ticketing system and solves them, working with other IT groups as necessary
- Researches solutions for IT problems and hardware
- Works with new and existing users to help them achieve proficiency with business tools
- Manages IT asset inventory using an asset tracking system
- Identifies and fills gaps in internal documentation and training resources
- Tracks loaner equipment on resource calendars, confirms bookings, provides usage instruction to users as required
- Deploys and troubleshoots all client hardware
- Advises other IT personnel as to potential impact of client changes and proactively manages expectations of both parties
- Provides service excellence, particularly in relationship-building and expectation management with all clients
- Setting up and testing audio visual teleconferencing equipment
- Other duties within the general scope of IT support, as required
- 2+ years of experience in a similar capacity
- Comfortable using a hands-on approach to resolve issues
- Excellent analytical skills, thinks proactively and creatively
- Excellent technical problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Able and eager to learn new technologies
- Able to form and maintain positive relationships with clients
- Able to interpret and effectively communicate needs of clients
Salary: Salary to be determined by experience
Job Status: Full time
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We can only accept applications from people legally allowed to work in Canada.
We encourage you to also provide samples of your work. While code samples are optional, they may help your application stand out from the rest.
While Seeker Solutions Inc. values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted