- Victoria, Canada
Who Are We?
Seeker Solutions is a software development company with a focus on the health informatics field. Founded in 2008 by CEO Duncan MacRae to research natural language processing and machine learning technologies, Seeker has grown to more than 60 people located in Victoria and Vancouver. Our competencies include large-scale data handling, free text processing, system integration, and information and knowledge discovery.
Seeker holds secure private funding, which allows us to focus on solving difficult problems with a long-term approach while adhering to our values. Our goal is to improve Health Outcome Management through the analysis of structured and unstructured data.
Why Choose Seeker?
Seeker’s employees enjoy awesome perks and are passionate about what they do. We strive to give our team members what they need to get things done including:
- The technical tools to build amazing product.
- Support to expand both your technical and non-technical skills, including expert-led in-house training and conference opportunities
- A pleasant work environment with additional perks (ie. gym memberships, a well-stocked kitchen, foosball and games room, plus more)
- Other benefits to make your out-of-work life better (excellent health care packages, employer contribution to RRSP)
Reporting to the Product Line Manager, the Product Manager is responsible for collecting and analyzing clinical research requirements, planning product releases, and ensuring that the product creates good business results over its lifecycle. The Product Manager is an essential team member because he or she will provide leadership in our understanding of Clinical Research and health informatics software.
- Manages the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Understands the customer and distinguishes between their needs and wants by on-going visits to customers and non-customers
- Effectively communicates requirements and user stories to the software development team
- Monitors the market and product use, adapting plans to ensure adoption and customer value
- Champions the product internally by effectively communicating the vision and benefits of the product to relevant departments and executives
- Actively contributes to the development of sales tools, market positioning and support processes so to integrate the software with the over-all product experience
- Ensures that the product will satisfy customers as well as strategically position the software for future opportunities
- Significant experience in clinical research, medical or health related products
- Significant experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to think from a customer's perspective
- Excellent critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent understanding of how technologies can be applied to solve real world problems
- Understands the software development life cycle
- Has a passion for developing great products
- Able to maintain a high level of trust and respect with the customer and team members
- Welcomes challenges and not afraid of hard work
- An MBA degree or education in the Business field
- Knowledge of software, data management or applied mathematics
Salary: Salary to be determined by experience
Start date: As soon as possible
Job Status: Full time
Location: Victoria or Vancouver
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please forward your cover letter and resume in PDF or a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
While Seeker Solutions Inc. values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted