Human Resources Assistant
- Victoria, Canada
Who Are We?
Seeker Solutions is a software development company with a focus on the health informatics field. Founded in 2008 by CEO Duncan MacRae to research natural language processing and machine learning technologies, Seeker has grown to more than 60 people located in Victoria and Vancouver. Our competencies include large-scale data handling, free text processing, system integration, and information and knowledge discovery.
Seeker holds secure private funding, which allows us to focus on solving difficult problems with a long-term approach while adhering to our values. Our goal is to improve Health Outcome Management through the analysis of structured and unstructured data.
Why Choose Seeker?
Seeker’s employees enjoy awesome perks and are passionate about what they do. We strive to give our team members what they need to get things done including:
- Support to expand both your technical and non-technical skills, including expert-led in-house training and conference opportunities
- A pleasant work environment with additional perks (ie. gym memberships, a well-stocked kitchen, foosball and games room, plus more)
- Other benefits to make your out-of-work life better (excellent health care packages, employer contribution to RRSP)
We are currently looking for the top talent in our Human Resources department. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HR Assistant will provide administrative support to the HR Team.
- Participates fully in the endeavours of the Human Resources team to provide friendly and efficient administrative support
- Maintain the file system, new employee documentation, and other data in a highly confidential environment
- Researches courses, conventions, trade shows and other training opportunities
- Assist with coordinating the new hire paperwork
- Coordinate meetings and candidate interviews
- Assist the HR department in their duties as necessary
- Assists the Director of Human Resources with the organization and prioritization of requests and paperwork
- Other duties as necessary
- 2+ years of experience working in an office environment
- Successful security check
- Able to maintain confidential information and use sound judgment and tact when dealing with personal or sensitive issues
- Resourceful and comfortable with learning new concepts, tools and technologies
- Effective time management and organizational skills with a passion for detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Welcomes challenges and flexible to change
- Understands the responsibilities of HR
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to collaborate and contribute in a team environment
- Positive attitude and commitment to maintaining a positive work environment
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including BC Human Rights Code, BC Employment Standards Act and BC Employment Standards Regulations
- Knowledge of WCB requirements
Salary: Salary to be determined by experience
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Status: Full time Permanant
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We can only accept applications from people legally allowed to work in Canada.
While Seeker Solutions Inc. values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted