Senior Software Developer
A Senior Software Developer has the responsibility to take a lead role in the design, development, evaluation, documentation, and maintenance of software systems which provide the core of Seeker’s business services. Additionally, a Senior Developer may also be expected to lead data analysis and prototyping efforts in support of new product development.
At the Senior level, a Software Developer is expected to demonstrate an excellent understanding of software design concerns, demonstrate expertise with the languages and tools used by the team, and demonstrate proactive leadership in team efforts and dealing with work tasks. A Senior Developer is expected to provide the team with insights and suggestions that lead to improvements in software quality and performance, and to guide the team toward the adoption of more effective development practices.
- A passion for software development and a strong desire to help teams to build amazing products
- Your ability to solve difficult problems and desire to keep current on the latest trends in technology
- Experience as a supervisor or technical lead; you are comfortable leading teams of size 3-8
- At least 5 years of software development experience (demonstrating both breadth and depth of knowledge). Experience in the complete software development lifecycle (inception through delivery, including maintenance).
- Excellent understanding of Object-Oriented Programming; Experience with development in both Mac and Linux/Unix environments.
- Experience working within an Agile process (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- A proven history of adapting to changing stakeholder needs
- Strong experience with successful estimation, project planning and team organization
Your responsibilities with us will include:
- Ensuring sound design principles are applied by the team to manage complexity and concurrency
- Anticipating system-level efficiency issues during the design process
- Ensuring comprehensive application of software engineering best practices by the team
- Taking a leadership role in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Contributing actively to mentoring other developers and continuous improvement activities
- Driving evolutionary change toward more effective implementation of Agile development processes
- Mentoring other developers to improve their skills, knowledge, and understanding of design and process considerations
Other skills and knowledge you might bring to the team:
- Experience working in the Medical/Healthcare space
- Knowledge of Hibernate, Spring, and other Java deployment technologies
- Experience with requirements gathering and analysis of customer expectations
- Experience with development tools such as Eclipse, Git, Gerrit, JIRA, Jenkins, Sonar, Maven, Jira, Confluence
- Mobile development experience would be an asset
- Experience with security engineering and/or cryptography for communication and data storage
- Knowledge of natural language processing (NLP) or computational linguistics techniques
- Training or experience in linguistics, statistical analysis, machine learning, or data mining
- Have a P.Eng designation or desire to work as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) under the supervision of a P.Eng.
Salary: Salary to be determined by experience
Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years of software development experience
Job Status: Full time
Job Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Positions Available: 1-2