Customer Support Manager
- Victoria, Canada
Who are we?
Seeker Solutions is a software development company with a focus on the health informatics field. Founded in 2008 by CEO Duncan MacRae to research natural language processing and machine learning technologies, Seeker has grown to more than 60 people located in Victoria and Vancouver. Our competencies include large-scale data handling, free text processing, system integration, and information and knowledge discovery.
Seeker holds secure private funding, which allows us to focus on solving difficult problems with a long-term approach while adhering to our values. Our goal is to improve Health Outcome Management through the analysis of structured and unstructured data.
Why choose Seeker?
Seeker’s employees enjoy awesome perks and are passionate about what they do. We strive to give our team members what they need to get things done including:
- Support to expand both your technical and non-technical skills, including expert-led in-house training and conference opportunities
- A pleasant work environment with additional perks (ie. gym memberships, a well-stocked kitchen, foosball and games room, plus more)
- Other benefits to make your out-of-work life better (excellent health care packages, employer contribution to RRSP)
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, the Customer Support Manager develops, manages and maintains the people and systems that deliver timely and valuable technical customer communications. Everyone at Seeker shares the goal of delivering products and services that make a difference to healthcare outcomes. The Customer Support Manager plays a pivotal role supporting this goal as he or she manages our customer support process ensuring great experiences for those using our products.
- A passion for people and technology
- Great people skills; ability to listen, understand, assess and work closely with customers
- Extraordinary communication skills; able to speak and write technical problems and solutions clearly; able to explain solutions to customers at various technical levels; able to pervasively advocate for customers
- Able to trouble-shoot technical problems using a system engineering approach
- An interest in healthcare and data analytics
- Define, develop, manage, measure and report on the technical customer support system
- Advocate and collaborate across teams to ensure great customer satisfaction
- Be the voice for the customer support requests interacting with:
- Business Development
- IT Operations
- Software Development
- Work with the product management team to report on product requirements, quality and usage characteristics and customer satisfaction
- Build and manage a team as the user base grows
- Work with customer engagement and software quality advocates to measure and report on the customer experience (based on actual product use)
- Work with the sales team to ensure all customers are satisfied with the service and become great reference sites
- Work with IT Operations to define a scalable customer support system that integrates phone, email and screen sharing technologies
- Work within customer relationship management, software requirement tracking and product issue tracking
- 3-5 years managing customer services that support software products
- Degree in computer science, or equivalent
- Experience in health or life science-related business or H.I.T.
- Technical SAAS experience an asset
- Ability to build and lead a team while also being hands-on technical and customer facing
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
While Seeker Solutions Inc. values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted