Co-Op IT Support Technician
- Victoria, Canada
Seeker Solutions is a software development company focused on health informatics. Founded in 2006 by Duncan MacRae to research natural language processing and machine learning technologies, Seeker has grown to more than 85 people located in beautiful Victoria & Vancouver. Our competencies include large-scale data handling, free text processing, system integration and information and knowledge discovery!
Our greatest assets are the relationships we build with our partners as well as our innovative team. Seeker’s organizational values foster a culture that promotes and delivers Integrity, Collaboration, Mutual Trust, Balance, Fun, Applied Curiosity & The Acquisition of Wisdom!
Health Informatics | Data Science | Patient Outcomes – just some of the descriptors that best describe what we care about! Our goal at Seeker is to help healthcare providers overcome some of the greatest challenges in information management. Our current and future success is made possible by our dynamic and innovative team, who are engaged and enthusiastic about what the future holds. Working for a promising start-up is a rare opportunity, especially when we are dealing with health informatics and patient engagement!
We are looking for people who are passionate and want to be part of a team devoted in developing high-quality software solutions to help improve people’s lives! Do we have your attention? Visit us @ www.seekersolutions.com for further details…
Position Title: Co-Op IT Support Technician
Location: 400-1112 Fort Street, Victoria, BC V8V 3K8
Position Status: Co-Op, Full-time 4 or 8 month term
Start Date: May 20, 2014
The Co-op Support Technician will provide internal clients with friendly IT assistance including workstation maintenance, printer maintenance and mobile and desk phones. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude who is eager to learn about the field of IT.
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience to achieve customer success
- Assists in the day-to-day operation of the Service Desk
- Tracks and documents, IT issues using a service and incident management tool
- Troubleshoots client hardware
- Assists in inventorying and tracking assets
- Assists in maintaining loaner equipment resource calendars, and equipment set-up
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Working towards a degree in Computer Science, or a related field
- Familiarity with Mac, Windows and Unix bases OS and related PC and Mac peripherals
- Familiarity with computer networks and the Internet
- Adopts a systematic approach to problem solving
- Comfortable using a hands on approach to resolve issues
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Able to build and maintain positive relationships with clients
- Enthusiastic, willing to work hard and have fun
- Experience using a service and incident management tool
- Familiarity with a Windows domain environment
To apply please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. While Seeker Solutions Inc. values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed will be contacted.
Note to Applicants:
- Please note, any offer of employment will be conditional upon a comprehensive background check, including a criminal record check.