Sensus is a leading utility infrastructure company, providing smart grid communications, distribution automation and smart metering technologies that enable electric, gas and water utilities to better measure, manage and control critical resources. Our smart grid communications network provides the backbone that allows utilities to enable a host of demand response; home area networking and efficiency programs that help consumers practice intelligent resource consumption. With nearly 10 million smart endpoints deployed, Sensus is helping utilities build their smart grids for electric, water and gas.
Sensus NA is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering group in Morrisville. The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for a demanding and rewarding variety of duties related to the development, enhancement and delivery of a core business competency in an AMI head end system. If you have a combination of deep knowledge of Java, experience with Oracle and data-driven application systems, a history of working successfully in small innovative software teams, a flexible, upbeat approach to working with colleagues, then we want to hear from you!
- Design, code, test and support encryption/decryption related applications.
- Work with hardware, firmware, services and systems engineers to develop best-of-breed solutions.
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations on technology improvements, upgrades and modifications to existing applications
Education and Experience
- An advanced degree in Software Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science
- 10+ years as a software developer
- Expertise with OO design and JAVA
- Experience with Agile software development is required
- Experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture (Oracle and/or SQL)
- Experience building web-based software systems, dynamic content, highly-scalable approaches, and complex security models/implementations
- Proficiency developing and troubleshooting complex software systems that run in mixed-environments including Linux, Unix and/or Windows
- Previous experience using Spring is a plus
- High volume real-time Java experience is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.