VP, Business Development
- San Francisco, CA
ShopRunner brings together millions of online shoppers spending billions of dollars and concentrating their spend with our network of brands & retailers. Our brands and retail partners benefit from increased engagement with existing customers and exposure to highly valuable new customers. Our members get the following benefits from ShopRunner retail partners:
Free 2 day shipping
Free and unlimited returns of purchases
Exclusive member deals
2-click express check out on member sites
Ease of keeping address and payment information securely in one place to use across sites
Seamless experience across devices
By providing these meaningful benefits to members, ShopRunner's partners—including Toys”R”Us, American Eagle Outfitters, Brooks Brothers, Tommy Hilfiger, PetSmart, Anne Klein, GNC, and RadioShack—are better positioned to compete in today's marketplace.
This VP, Business Development will be responsible for building market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing deals with prospective partners. This individual will position ShopRunner to attract new retailers and further relationships with current customers by deepening the market presence.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Manage and close a pipeline of new Retail partners from the Internet Retailer top 500 roster.
- Identify significant new business opportunities with potential clients and manage the pursuit process through opportunity qualification, facilitation of client meetings, and follow-up/assistance through sales closing.
- Analyze customer needs in terms of current business obstacles, identifying projects and scoping potential solution sales.
- Build a robust sales pipeline of the Internet Retailer 500
- Target, develop and manage long-term client relationships/partnerships with the executive “C” level decision makers from the Internet Retailer 500
- Develop and implement strategies to maximize margins and increase market share.
- Qualify leads and deliver or exceed sales revenue targets.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in selling in a consultative sales process
- Direct experience nurturing meaningful relationships with C level executives
- Deep understanding of ecommerce
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- An entrepreneurial attitude and the proven ability to take ownership for prospecting and developing a pipeline
- Superior presentation and communication skills.
- Strategic thinking capabilities and the ability to accomplish goals in a timely, productive and fiscally responsible manner.
The successful candidate will first and foremost be a savvy, fire-in-the-belly business leader with a passion for new challenges. S/he will be a seasoned executive who has an understanding of strategic marketing, online sales and partnering with cross-functional teams. This individual will be a spirited idea person with strong strategic sales, negotiation, and revenue generating skills. S/he will have the ability and vision to identify and execute new business opportunities.