Director of Social Media Marketing
- San Mateo, CA
ShopRunner brings together millions of online shoppers spending billions of dollars and concentrating their spend with our network of brands & retailers. Our brands and retail partners benefit from increased engagement with existing customers and exposure to highly valuable new customers. Our members get the following benefits from ShopRunner retail partners:
- Free 2 day shipping
- Free and unlimited returns of purchases
- Exclusive member deals
- 2-click express check out on member sites
- Ease of keeping address and payment information securely in one place to use across sites
- Seamless experience across devices
By providing these meaningful benefits to members, ShopRunner's partners—including Toys"R"Us, American Eagle Outfitters, Brooks Brothers, Tommy Hilfiger, PetSmart, Anne Klein, GNC, and RadioShack—are better positioned to compete in today's marketplace.
The Social Media Marketing Manager at ShopRunner will oversee strategy and execution of marketing through online communities and social channels. S/he will, ultimately, be responsible for the health and nurturing of our online communities. This role will support the overall marketing objectives for the company and will collaborate closely with the Customer Experience Marketing, Merchandising, and Customer Service teams to provide a closed loop of messaging across our earned & owned media channels. Our team is agile, fast-paced, and self-directed. We are seeking a dynamic thought leader who can play strategic and tactical roles seamlessly.
The uniqueness of our business model—sitting at the center of many great brands and retailers--requires that our social strategy work well in the broader retailer ecosystem and leverage the robust communities our partners have already built while creating a space that is unique for ShopRunner.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Deliver engaging content and communications to our existing and prospective members
- Collaborate with our ecosystem of retail and brand partners to engage their customers and support their strategies
- Develop an ROI framework that serves as a foundation for investments in social platforms, campaigns, and communities
- Build and cultivate an engaged community of followers
- Develop a content marketing strategy and influencer network of bloggers to amplify our owned & earned media channels
- Oversee agency work product, where applicable
Background & Qualifications
- Over five years of progressive responsibility in consumer marketing; three or more leading social efforts
- Bachelors or advanced degree in business, marketing, or communications
- Demonstrated ability to develop meaningful social strategies and build communities for consumer brand(s)
- A proven track record of leading strategic thinking combined with an ability to execute and deliver results
- Discipline of delivering insights and analyses to continuously improve and demonstrate the impact of the work
- An entrepreneurial attitude; thrives in an environment of change and ambiguity
- Strategic thinking capabilities and the ability to accomplish goals in a timely, productive and fiscally responsible manner
First and foremost, the successful candidate will be a confident, curious, engaged marketing leader with a passion for new challenges. S/he will have a sense of purpose and a point of view; a savvy marketer who has a track record of success.
- Based in San Mateo, CA
- We recently renovated our top floor office. We have a beautiful view of three of the bay's bridges from our perch.
- One block from the San Mateo Caltrain station, we have plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance.