The client is looking for a person with ANT Scripting or PEARL Scripting experience; should be at the SSS III level (5+ years’ experience). Systems admin who is strong in the scripting languages listed below.
Ant scripting one position and Perl Scripting one position
Jython (this is the latest version of JACL), JCL, Kron shell
• Journey-level technician supporting systems management functions, such as Performance and Capacity Management, System Configuration Management, Release Management, Build Coordination, Batch Job Scheduling, Production Control Board, and System Administration.
• Coordinates implementation of tested system changes with functional teams to determine priorities, schedule new builds and releases, and maintain the production calendar.
• Manages Configuration Item promotion, build, and deployment across environments. Prepare builds for production release and supports production releases. Performs code deliveries and merges code between streams. Builds applications and deploys to non-production environments.
• Maintains the batch schedule and run books for both production and non-Production environments. Supports the Tivoli Workload Schedule (TWS) Job Scheduler tool used in production and by developers and testers
• Provides environment support for all environments (production and non-production) across tools WebSphere, Hyperion, Adobe Forms products, Finalist, Content Manager, MQSeries, WebSEAL, TAMe, TWS, DB2.
• Manages the account request process for all environments. Monitors system security and investigates security incidents.
• Develops and maintains ClearQuest scripts (Perl), WebSphere scripts (Java TCL or Java Python), AIX scripts (Korn shell), Build scripts (Ant).
• Supports application testing by tracking high severity defects.
• Coordinates release status with Department executives and managers, business units, and production support.
• Monitors system performance and capacity, batch processes, and external interface file transfers.
• Provides problem resolution support, specific to systems and server issues; identifies and resolves system/server problems, coordinating with application users to determine symptoms and ensure accurate problem definition.
• Assists in development and improvement of operations’ plans, processes, procedures, standards and priorities.
• Maintains direct knowledge of all operations management and technical processes, procedures, quality standards, and status of service delivery for all operations-related activities. Proposes systems management process improvements and additions