Front Desk Receptionist
- Saint Clair Shores, MI
At Shores Urgent Care we provide patients with a wide range of urgent care services. We diagnose and treat all accidents and illnesses of pediatric and adult patients. Fractures, fevers, infections, rashes, stings, colds, flu, allergies, burns, sports injuries, you name it, we see it. Our Beaumont doctors are at their best when you feel your worst. They provide state of the art medical treatment, without an appointment, in a friendly office environment. We also offer digital x-rays, electrocardiograms, lab blood draws, urinalysis and pulmonary functions tests, all right in our office. We’re less expensive than the emergency room and we accept most insurance plans
Answer inquiries and provide information to the general public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties regarding services provided at the office and location of departments, offices, and employees within the organization. Perform administrative duties using specific knowledge of medical terminology and practice, clinic, or laboratory procedures. Schedule and register patients for visits, verify insurance, check out patients and collect co-pays.
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information or taking messages.
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Hear and resolve complaints from customers or the public.
- Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, or operating calculators or computers to work with patient information, or other documents.
- File and maintain patient records and adhere to patient confidentiality policy.
- Provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
- Process and prepare memos, correspondence, travel vouchers, or other documents.
- Receive payment and record receipts for services.
- Schedule and confirm patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries, or medical consultations.
- Receive and route messages or documents, such as laboratory results or prescription refills to appropriate staff.
- Perform various clerical or administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies.
- Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, or forms, such as intake or insurance forms.
- High School Graduate or GED
- 1 year front desk experience in a medical environment preferred
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated computer skills for documenting patient care in an electronic medical record
- ICD-9 CM Knowledge a plus
- CPT-4 Knowledge a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the telephone, and in writing
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to read and comprehend patient medical charts, medical terminology, prescription medications, and physician messages
Part Time Weekends Only