- Beltsville, MD
SigNet is an information technology company that is focused on the physical security with locations in Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina. SigNet is a leader in the design, integration, installation, maintenance and operation of technically-complex integrated physical security management systems. We have the ability to support the entire life-cycle of these programs and projects—from security analyses, engineering and design, through installation, operation and maintenance—using in-house personnel and resources is our biggest discriminator.
Overview: SigNet Technologies (SigNet) is seeking experienced and technical Network Engineers. The position will support Installation Services and/or Network Solutions. The Candidate will be expected to perform the following functions or tasks as well as have the aptitude to learn how to perform the following functions or tasks:
- Must have 5+ years of experience supporting Gigabit Ethernet switched LAN networks with a working knowledge of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP), 802.1q Trunking, 802.3ad LACP, Etherchannel, and 802.1x-based Network Access Control (NAC).
- Understanding and Experience with switches, routers and routing technologies. The ability to troubleshoot and configure Cisco routers and switches via the command line. Strong understanding of VLans.
- Understanding and Experience configuring and troubleshooting firewalls. Knowledge of how to configure and troubleshoot Cisco ASA firewalls preferred.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of Cisco IOS 12.x/15.x command syntax.
- Understanding of DoD IA compliancy. Knowledge of DISA STiGs preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Radius implementation and configuration is preferred.
- The candidate must excel in high-paced, demanding environments where each day provides a new set of challenges under short time constraints involving complex network configurations and/or troubleshooting multiple hosts scattered across multiple locations.
- Maintains local area network (LAN), wireless local area network (WLAN), and wide area network (WAN) installation, configuration, and ongoing field service.
- Conducts site surveys and on-site assessments and prepares schematic diagrams for recommended and efficient installations. Develops and maintains network documentation.
- Develop and apply standard configuration templates to all assigned devices and update inventory and topology records during moves, additions, and changes.
- CCNP or CCSP
Clearance: Secret Clearance Required
Education: Associates degree in Engineering Technology or Electronics Technology or have acquired equivalent military training and/or five (5) years of experience.