Security Systems Technician
- Beltsville, MD
SigNet Technologies (SigNet) is a systems integration company that is focused on the physical security with locations in Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina. SigNet is a leader in the design, integration, installation, maintenance and operation of technically-complex integrated physical security management systems. We have the ability to support the entire life-cycle of these programs and projects—from security analyses, engineering and design, through installation, operation and maintenance—using in-house personnel and resources is our biggest discriminator.
SigNet Technologies is experiencing tremendous success, and we currently have openings for Security System Installers who are team-oriented individuals possessing experience and/or training in electronic security systems. In this role, you will be responsible for providing installation on SigNet Technologies products at customer sites. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with an acute attention to detail, while remaining customer focused is required.
This position reports to our Headquarter office located in the DC Metro area (Beltsville, MD). However, we fully expect our technicians to be efficient with remote dispatch throughout the DC Metro area and without the need to physically report to the Beltsville office. This position is responsible for performing customer support activities involving the installation, modification, and repair of complex security equipment and systems. Conducts on-site installation and testing of equipment to ensure proper working order. Isolates equipment start-up malfunctions and takes corrective action. Represents the company in a customer support role and is responsible for customer's satisfaction with equipment and servicing. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules. Establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect subordinate organization(s).
This position requires the following qualifications:
- Working knowledge and understanding of Access Control, Intrusion Detection and CCTV hardware and software
- Working knowledge and understanding of electrical principals
- Possess the ability to use diagnostic equipment/software and established troubleshooting techniques to isolate system deficiencies, equipment failures and operational anomalies.
- Ability to read, interpret electrical and electromechanical schematics and architectural drawings.
- Communicate effectively with Design Engineers and other staff.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with Access Control, Physical Security, Intrusion Detection and Video Management Systems. Preferred to have 3 or more years of experience.
- Hands on experience with Lenel, Software House and/or other similar access control systems is preferred by not required.
If you have the above skills and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please respond to this ad or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide specific salary requirements.