Technical Project Manager
- Dallas, TX
SIGFOX is the first and only operator of a cellular network fully dedicated to low-throughput communication for connected objects. With an extremely cost effective and very low energy consuming out-of-the-box connectivity offer, SIGFOX brings a revolution to the world of Internet of Things.
Sigfox deploys its network worldwide through distribution agreements with local partners (Sigfox Operator – SO), in charge of deploying and maintaining the network, and marketing and selling connectivity thanks to customer, channels and ecosystem development. The relationship with each SO is managed by a Country Manager. Development of connectivity is mainly triggered by customers or channels of Sigfox Operators through their ability to implement IoT Solutions.
This position coordinates a variety of technical projects and tasks associated with the on-boarding process for Sigfox Customers, activities such as: devices and system features and development and customer implementation. It is a leadership role that involves significant hands-on activities, often “doing” as well as “managing” and filling gaps in capabilities across the Sales, Technology and Operations teams.
- Interprets and codifies customer contracts and translates those into technology requirements, milestones and interim activities.
- Responsible for managing customer implementation, establishing schedules, coordinating internal cross-functional dependencies, and helping customers prepare for Sigfox service launches.
- Assess the profitability and feasibility of a project through financial analysis, using one or more of the following techniques:
o Payback period analysis
o Accounting rate of return
o Net present value
o Internal rate of return
- Perform technical analysis to determine present and future business performance. Drive metrics to all layers of the organization (end-to-end and sub-pieces, organization and by individual).
- Communicate status, issues and risks to project (internal and external) stakeholders.
- Leads project meetings involving customers, partners and cross-functional teams. Occasionally leads direct or indirect employees for a specific project or objective.
- Maintain project documentation, meeting minutes, meeting agendas, scope amendments, and key customer communication archives.
- Coordinate with the account management team during implementation lifecycle and post-launch stage to maintain customer relationships and communication.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Creates and refines visual presentations to articulate project plans, status and appropriate technical details using current office technologies, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
A successful candidate is this role must be a talented, tech-savvy project manager that has a passion for planning, attention to detail, and senior customer-facing experience with launching large enterprise-scale IoT solutions. The ideal candidate must have a strong sense of urgency and ownership to drive projects to completion and be successful in a collaborative environment.
Communication skills are critical as well as the ability to quantify and manage all aspects of the project, balancing both client and internal team objectives, while adhering to established timelines and contract service level agreements or SLAs.
You also have :
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline; MBA is preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required
- 10+ years of Project Management experience, demonstrating the ability to effectively manage complex deployment schedules with multiple inter-dependent tasks in a wireless network development environment
- 5+ years of experience in customer management organizations
- 10+ years of experience in wireless telecom industry
- Ability to work independently and aggressively track to project timelines and budget parameters
- Demonstrated ability to define scope, manage stakeholders, manage schedule/task activity, manage change and communicate risks
- Experience leading multiple strategic, complex projects with successful results (scope, schedule, and budget) simultaneously
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines, deliver accurate work, and thrive in a fast-paced working environment
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Effective team leader and consensus builder
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills, both internally and with customers
- Expert knowledge of Word, Excel, Visio (Process Flows) and PowerPoint required, advanced knowledge of MS Project and SharePoint
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.