Information Technology Specialist
- Boston, MA
SIGFOX is the first and only operator of a cellular network fully dedicated to low-throughput communication for connected objects. With an extremely cost effective and very low energy consuming out-of-the-box connectivity offer, SIGFOX brings a revolution to the world of Internet of Things.
Sigfox deploys its network worldwide through distribution agreements with local partners (Sigfox Operator – SO), in charge of deploying and maintaining the network, and marketing and selling connectivity thanks to customer, channels and ecosystem development. The relationship with each SO is managed by a Country Manager. Development of connectivity is mainly triggered by customers or channels of Sigfox Operators through their ability to implement IoT Solutions.
The Information Technology Specialist provides the technical expertise to support Sigfox North America team. We are seeking an entrepreneurial people person who loves getting things done efficiently and contributes to creating a great environment for our growing team.
You’re a jack of all trades who can multi-task, take full ownership of projects, and accommodate last minute company needs, while prioritizing the most high-impact initiatives. This job is perfect for go-getters who thrive in uncertainty and bring a positive, proactive attitude. This person should be independent, self-motivated, and organized with great communication, computer and organizational skills.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provides technical support for the data and voice infrastructure. This includes the cabling, routers and switches used to support the network and administrating a PBX solution.
- Provides support for all system and user problems including hardware, software, telephone system and all help desk functions. Maintains expertise on the assigned technologies including hardware and software enhancements as well as 3rd party vender offerings. Recommends any upgrades that will improve Sigfox’s information infrastructure.
- Maintains a tracking system of all repairs, routine maintenance, and special service requests for all technology equipment
- Responsible for performing Technology Services asset management and inventory of equipment and software
- Performs all installations, set-ups, and breakdown of Audio, Visual, Communications, Networking, and IT equipment in meeting rooms, offices and work areas
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of documentation and cross-training of other staff. Provides website assistance, including development/design, maintenance, and support
- Collaborates with the IT Infrastructure team in France on developing and providing technical solutions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 3 or more years of Network Operations Center and/or Help Desk experience
- 3 or more years of experience with troubleshooting and providing remote support
- BA, BS or similar degree in computers/electronics or relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience troubleshooting the current versions of the Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- 3+ years of experience with administering of the following technologies is preferred: - The most current versions of the Windows Server family operating system - The most current versions of Microsoft Active Directory - The most current versions of Microsoft Exchange Server
- A working knowledge of the following technologies: - SNMP and WMI network monitoring tools - Advanced networking technologies including routing, switching, and Wi-Fi - Current versions of Windows Desktop Operating Systems - Current versions of Windows Server Operating Systems and related services - Windows Active Directory (User Management/Administration/Group Policy) - Current versions of Microsoft Exchange Server - Common small and mid-market firewalls and security appliances (Cisco and Fortigate firewalling, Nortel and Dell switching)- Common server tape and online backup solutions - Common TCP/IP services including HTTP, FTP, DNS, and DHCP
- SharePoint online and Office 365 Administration are needed
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and attention to details
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean Motor Vehicle Record
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.