Pre-Sales Support Manager
- Johannesburg, South Africa
SIGFOX is the first and only operator of a cellular network fully dedicated to low-throughput communication for connected objects. With an extremely cost effective and very low energy consuming out-of-the-box connectivity offer, SIGFOX brings a revolution to the world of Internet of Things.
Sigfox deploys its network worldwide through distribution agreements with local partners (Sigfox Operator – SO), in charge of deploying and maintaining the network, and marketing and selling connectivity thanks to customer, channels and ecosystem development. The relationship with each SO is managed by a Country Manager. Development of connectivity is mainly triggered by customers or channels of Sigfox Operators through their ability to implement IoT Solutions.
The objective of the Pre-Sales Support (PSS) practice is to develop and maintain technical and project management skills in order to support Distribution Agreement (DA) signature and IoT solution selling across organisation: SO sales team, Regional support team, Practice team.
The main responsibility of the Pre-Sales Support (PSS)- Region is to:
- Support Country Managers prior the signature of SO Distribution Agreement. He/She manages project, synchronises the actions and is the focal point of all the Sigfox streams and departments that contribute to the DA signature
- Support 3S team, SO, selected/strategic channels and customers with regards to the technical parts of pre-sales activities. It can be either for technical adaptation of an already existing IoT Solution or for the design or implementation of new IoT Solution
- Apply best practices, tools, processes and methodologies provided by the Pre-Sales Support practices team and will provides feedback to enhance practices
- Provide experience feedback to practice PSS team, define or update tools and methodologies provided by the PSS team or its interfaces (qualification grid, battery life consumptions calculator, pricing and cost modelling,…)
- On request from 3S regional teams for its SO, selected/strategic channels and customers:
- Promote existing solutions and provides expertise to technical adaptation (if any) of an existing IoT solution to local constraints (including certification)
- Provide support to P2 Certification in countries
- Provides expertise for solution design cycle and solution lifecycle
- project management and organisation
- customer needs identification
- cost modelling (connectivity, device, platform, maintenance, …)
- risk assessment and management
- technical partners identification
- production and industrialisation, certification)
- Technical answer to RFP or RFQ (including security - device, communication and Sigfox cloud, personal data usage and regulatory / licensing, …)
- After qualification of the need by 3S team, participate to workshops or meeting with SO, selected/strategic channel and customers
- Qualify with Sigfox technical experts technical impact (systemwise), of change requests from SO, selected/strategic channels or customers
- Qualify SO’s or selected/strategic channel or customers’ technical partners
- Directly or through SO, support to Ecosystem local development
- Be the single point of contact for Sigfox certification processes
- Provide support for Type Approval processes globally
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- 5-8 year experience in large pre-sales project management with significant customer value
- Strong track record in successful signing of complex deals, in particular in IoT
- Strong knowledge in IoT solution design
- Strong ability to manage deadline and work under minimal supervision
- Leadership and ability to motivate transversal teams to achieve objectives.
- Strong presentation skills and project management skills.
- English: Fluent.
- Degree or higher education in Information technology, business/economics or equivalent
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.