- Lebanon, NH, USA
Simbex is a product development company focused on engineering human solutions. We bring to market medical innovations / technologies based upon personal biomechanical feedback; applying sensing technologies to facilitate rehabilitation, promote personal safety, and enhance performance training. Most of our engineering efforts fall into the electrical, mechanical, and software domains with a strong emphasis on integration and usability.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for supporting every phase of the product development life cycle process in order to deliver high-quality products in the consumer and medical device markets. The Systems Engineer will work with the electrical, software, mechanical, product technical support, and quality teams to help develop, integrate, and test sub-assemblies into product. The ideal candidate has broad skills but deep knowledge/skills in one area, and is able to blend human-centric design with sound engineering principles across a wide range of engineering domains with a focus on quality and willingness to wear many hats.
- Supports project teams by performing complex analyses and devises tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials or processes.
- Completes required documentation by applying advanced engineering principles and company standards to generate detailed reports, procedures, or change proposals for internal and external customers
- Develop engineering work product (e.g. drawings and layouts) to ensure clarity, completeness, functionality, and conformity to standards, procedures, and specifications
- Write and manage requirements and specifications
- Evaluate hazards, failure modes, and risk mitigations, both for product design and manufacturing
- Develop and execute bench, manufacturing, and preclinical tests
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams to help support integration test development and execution
- Interface with hardware, software, and mechanical engineering teams to investigate and debug system-level issues and avoid regressions
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in mechanical, electrical, or a related technical discipline. Electro-mechanical degree desirable
- 0-3 years of experience developing and/or testing products including hardware and software, or comparable co-op/intern experience
- Experience working with basic electrical test equipment: multimeter, oscilloscope, function generator
- Demonstrable mechanical design experience including mechanical drawings
- Familiarity with GD&T, materials selection, basic pneumatics, fluid, and thermal analysis
- Demonstrable basic electrical design experience and knowledge with wiring schematics, electrical interconnects, electrical debugging, and basic knowledge of electrical components and PCBs
- Product testing experience is desirable with focus on product support, design requirement, and issue testing/debugging
- Software/coding experience is desirable
- Familiarity with sensors and sensing is desirable
- Demonstrable experience in at least one of these areas: Solidworks, Matlab, or Labview
- Word/Excel/Presentation proficiency
- Organized, self-motivated, self-starter, self-prioritizing
- Commitment to our core values of passion, integrity, openness, innovation, agility, and social responsibility