Bunker Trader / Sr Bunker Trader USA
- Houston Ave, Houston, TX, USA
Founded and headquartered in Singapore, we are a Global Energy Trading Company that provides bunker trading services, energy trading services and logistics services to ship owners, charterers and other players in the shipping community. Our key services include Marine Fuels, Lubricants, Risk Management, Cargo Trading, and Base Oils. We have traders operating from our offices in multiple locations around the world and are steadily growing our global presence.
• You will act as a solution provider for your client base arranging global supply solutions with existing and potential clients.
• You are expected to have an existing client base within US market where you sell based on personal relationships and ensure continued patronage from both customers and local suppliers
• Have a sound understanding of the International Bunker business (Ports / Suppliers / Owners / Charterers / Regulations)
• Developing new business is a key part of the role and so you will be someone who has a keen interest in the Marine industry and is able to carry out analysis and monitor demands around the world
• You must continually research the market and look for new opportunities to expand the business by enrolling an action plan
• You will keep up to date with market and industry changes and trends as well as global regulatory changes
• You will regard cold canvassing as a part of your working day, be a goal oriented individual
• You are a team player with strong ambition and self-drive
• Daily duties will include active brokering / trading on behalf of clients ensuring optimum rates that benefit both the company and the client
• You will be required to prepare and process quotations, sales enquiries, sales confirmation, and prepare contracts
• You will also be required to monitor customers’ payments and ensure late payments are chased
• In the event of any disagreements or claims, you will be required to manage any claims arising and assist with legal actions involving customers or suppliers
• You may have to work outside of normal working hours and so a degree of flexibility is an advantage
• You will be managing your own P/L
You will be required to have been educated to a high standard and hold a degree qualification or equivalent in Shipping
• You are required to have had previous experience in a Bunker Trader position with an International Bunker Trading Company
• Customer and supply trading background
•You will need to be organized and capable of maintaining CRM (customer relationship management) systems and good general administrative skills
• You must be outgoing and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• You must be able to present information to clients in a concise manner and have a good sales technique
• You must have strong negotiation skills and a good understanding of the shipping industry and its market drivers
• You must be able to work as part of a team and be able to support other team members as and when required
• At ease with working in a multicultural environment and ability to interact effectively with individuals of all levels in the organization.
• Professional presence and absolute integrity
• A Bunker Trader must be familiar with standard industry computer programs eg Microsoft Word, Excel, etc
· Remuneration will commensurate with qualifications and experience. An exciting incentive structure awaits.