Blog Management and Editing Intern
- San Francisco, CA
Single Grain was founded in 2007 with a dedicated focus on developing relationships with select clients to yield exponential returns on their search investment. Single Grain has since doubled its revenues, working with top caliber clients including several Fortune 500 companies.
In the evolving field of search marketing, it is solid search expertise – delivered on a one-to-one basis with clients – that is the real difference when looking for results. It is this singular reason that we have put together a team of the best minds in search marketing. These are the thought leaders featured in Forbes and Entrepreneur.com thanks to their industry leading expertise. Now we can leverage this robust portfolio of search knowledge to meet the precise needs of our clients.
Single Grain is looking for a Blog Management and Editing Intern to join our team for the summer of 2013. During this time you will gain experience in creative direction, editorial planning, client management, and digital writing, editing and publishing.
- Come up with topic ideas for blog posts and other content material
- Conduct research for blog posts and other content material
- Write a minimum of 2-3 blog posts per week for posting on websites
- Edit submissions for proper grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, style and flow
- Evaluate written submissions, requesting expansion or clarification, and doing independent fact-checking
- Other projects as needed
- Number of hours a week: TBA
- Intern will work remotely, on his/her own computer
- Will have a portfolio of published work
- You'll learn WordPress, about the blogging culture and a bit about social media from industry professionals
This position is a part-time unpaid internship with the potential for advancement to a paid position.
- GPA at least 3.0
- Passionate about blogging and writing
- This person should be a strong writer with excellent communication skills.
- can handle and prioritize a diverse workload to meet any and all deadlines and are quick on their feet when it comes to sudden changes in plans.
- This person should be passionate about the world of digital marketing/content creation and should have a basic understanding of the current trends and technologies in the industry (i.e. blogging, infographics, motion graphics, viral content, ebooks/whitepapers, and anything and everything else that exists in the digital world)
- Understand and has experience with WordPress
- Regular blogger
- Proofreader extraordinaire
- Avid writer
- Social media user (more points if you are an influencer)