Sr. UI Engineer
- New York, NY
Since being founded in 2010, SinglePlatform has been helping local businesses get new customers by enabling them to publish their most important information everywhere consumers are making decisions online. Tens of thousands of businesses rely on SinglePlatform everyday to showcase and update their menus, products, and services on the web's most popular sites and apps, all from one place.
After being named one of the most promising startups in America, SinglePlatform was acquired and joined the Constant Contact family in June 2012.
Why Work At SinglePlatform:
Too many reasons to list, but let's start with five:
- Awesome leadership: work for people you believe in, who believe in you.
- We're a meritocracy: this is a place where you will be recognized for your achievements. We're are growing quickly, and anyone who comes in now will have a direct and measurable impact on the organization.
- We have vision: this is a small team that really enjoys working together and is committed to the vision of changing how local businesses present themselves online.
- You will get training and autonomy: we give you the tools and the framework, and you can synthesize it whichever way makes you the most successful.
- It's FUN!!: We're exciting, fast paced, fun, AND located in the middle of it all -- in the financial district in NYC.
Have you ever rooted for the underdog? Do you want to build technology that actually does something? Do you want to work in a start-up environment without gambling your career on an unstable company and unproven product? If you said yes to these, we just might be your next job.
At SinglePlatform, part of the Constant Contact family, we’re helping small businesses get discovered by allowing them to reach customers everywhere across the online universe. This means that the mom and pop coffee shop on the corner can have the same reach as the big guys from Seattle. And you can be a part of making that happen.
Our engineering team is small, agile and smart. We’ve had a great launch and now we’re building the tools to keep growing. We’re re-engineering our interfaces to make them faster, smoother, and more scalable. We’re building new platforms to increase our service offering to our customers and our publisher partners. We’re creating clean, awesome, sleek products and having a great time doing it.
Our user-interfaces are built using CoffeeScript, jQuery, CSS, LESS, and HTML. That said, we believe in using the right tool for the job.
What you’ll do
- Build and support scalable, re-usable software for SinglePlatform’s applications and publisher widgets
- Collaborate on well-thought-out software designs
- Benchmark and optimize the performance of new and existing applications
- Participate in departmental code reviews and discussions
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility and participate in creating the team’s usability standards
- Keep current on emerging and relevant technologies
What you know
- Semantic HTML and CSS
- Cutting Photoshop mocks
- Building mobile web or native apps
- Python, Ruby or similar scripting language
- Object-oriented programming
- Git or Mercurial
- Creating and consuming web-services and APIs
Bonus Points for
- Comp Sci or related degree
- HTML5 or CSS3
- Performance testing and optimization
- Functional prototyping
- LESS, SASS, or HAML
- SEO experience
- Django or Rails experience
- Startup experience
Why you care:
Simply put, SinglePlatform just might be the best place you’ll ever work. We combine a high-energy, fast-paced start-up culture with the stability of being a part of the Constant Contact family. Simply put, this means that you’ll get to be a part of the story of building the SinglePlatform business to legendary proportions but you still have the security of being backed by a publicly traded company who has already created a legacy of its own.
Do we work hard? You bet. We’re here to help small businesses get new customers and grow their own businesses, and we take that mission seriously. We’re data and numbers driven and we never stop inventing ways to be better.
Do we have fun? Oh yeah. Even though we take what we do seriously, we have a great time doing it. Regular company happy hours, casual start-up work environment, awesome company events, amazing benefits and perks are just some of the highlights of working at SinglePlatform.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.