Senior Python Engineer
- New York, NY, USA, New York, NY
Since being founded in 2010, SinglePlatform has been helping local businesses get new customers by enabling them to publish their most important information everywhere consumers are making decisions online. Tens of thousands of businesses rely on SinglePlatform everyday to showcase and update their menus, products, and services on the web's most popular sites and apps, all from one place.
After being named one of the most promising startups in America by Bloomberg Business Week, SinglePlatform was acquired and joined the Constant Contact family in June 2012, and was named #22 on Crain’s Best Places to Work list in 2013.
Engineers at SinglePlatform collaborate with other disciplines on product development from conception through implementation. We are looking for Software Engineers who have experience developing scalable web applications with a passion for building state-of-the-art software.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate on a cross-discipline team to build scalable web applications and services in a Agile fashion.
- Keep current on emerging technologies to advance our architecture/technologies to support growth of the business.
- Benchmark and optimize the performance of new and existing applications.
- Participate in departmental code reviews and best practice discussions.
Who you are and what you have experience with:
- Deep understanding of OOP and at least one modern programming language, e.g. Python, Go.
- Proficiency with one or more modern web application frameworks like Django, Flask, etc.
- Experience building and consuming RESTful web applications and services.
- Experience with SQL Databases like MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Ability to solve complex business problems by writing simple, effective code.
- Ability to leverage structured formats like JSON, YAML, XML to build scalable, testable RESTful applications.
- Experience with at least one SCM system like Git.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience that would make you an even better candidate:
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or related degree.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies like CouchDB, Redis.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers.
- Experience with mobile web application development.
- Experience with Agile Software Development and Test-Driven Development.
Why you care:
We combine a high-energy, fast-paced start-up culture with the stability of being a part of the Constant Contact family. Simply put, this means that you’ll get to be a part of the story of building the SinglePlatform business to legendary proportions but you still have the security of being backed by a publicly traded company who has already created a legacy of its own.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.