Social Media Specialist
- Manhattan Beach, CA, USA, Manhattan Beach, CA
The core of SKECHERS' success has always been our dedicated employees. Our goal is to create a work environment that is professional, fun and enjoyable!
We strongly believe in offering a mixture of benefit options to meet diverse employee needs and lifestyles. We make every effort to ensure that our programs are competitive in the industry.
SKECHERS, an award-wining global leader in the lifestyle footwear industry, designs, develops and markets lifestyle footwear that appeals to trend-savvy men, women and children.
To build and grow the SKECHERS Social Media Communities to enable consumers and fans to virally promote SKECHERS by utilizing all relevant social media channels. Create a compelling community that represents our vast consumer base, targeting posts on the relevant channels. Engage consumers at every possible opportunity to ensure they feel a part of the brand and their voice is heard. Speak directly to consumers, communicating and addressing any issues on all social media channels. Be in touch with our brand ambassadors and retail partners on social to capitalize on their fan base, and acknowledge their support. Integrate social media into our ecommerce and retail business in a natural way.
To engage consumers, build brand loyalty, and position SKECHERS as a relatable brand:
• present the brand online where relevant
• create a community central hub
• feed relevant content to the hub from the major social channels
• allow others to find the content; make it searchable
• target people who matter: consumers who are looking for footwear, and making decisions based on our offering
• target celebrities and athletes who will help drive awareness of brand
Duties and Responsibilities
The social media specialist will collaborate with the appropriate teams in the Product, PR, Retail, ecommerce, Sales, and Marketing departments to promote the brand message and customer messages that will resonate with your target audience, key influencers and the media.
Daily responsibilities include:
• Develop social media strategy for each platform, integrating key styles and messaging of the company.
• Manage content (words and images) for social sites: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram
• Monitor user generated content to include on social channels as well as ecommerce platform
• Monitor and help resolve customer inquiries and issues on all social media channels
• Develop online contests and other engagement tools to drive awareness and fans
• Develop social media and blog calendar that integrates important internal and external messaging and events
• Monitor SKECHERS international social sites and streaming content to our international subsidiaries and partners
• Stay on top of social and digital media trends and viral technology to easily enable customers to engage about the brand. Recommend changes
• Facilitate graphics projects requests for all SKECHERS social media accounts
• Work with marketing and eCommerce teams to define KPIs for success and track them
• Research, write, edit and update reports for both domestic and international SKECHERS social channels
o Includes weekly, monthly, campaign and event reports
• Collaborate with internal team and external SKECHERS partners in social media campaign tracking and reporting
• Measure the impact and return of social media on overall Marketing and PR efforts
Areas of experience must include:
• Executing innovative campaigns with associated timelines, requirements and outcomes as it relates to social media and the integration of ecommerce and retail
• Managing online community and social spaces to encourage user-generated content
• Enrolling customers and prospects through communities
• Leveraging social media content with search engine optimization
• Creating content for all social sites: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and Google+ as well as blogs
• Monitoring competitors and broader social trends, analyze and recommend strategies to drive to a better position in the market
• Ability and vast experience measuring and monitoring social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Blog, etc.) and ability to see business insights behind analytics that can be applied to Marketing and PR strategies/initiatives
• Understanding of web and digital marketing analytics, with working knowledge of analytical tools
• Experience developing promotions that drive membership, opt-in or purchase
• Knowledge of social media systems and best practices
• Ideal candidate would have worked for a footwear or fashion brand.
You must convey a passion for social media and demonstrate experience in a wide variety of social activities: creating and curating content, blog planning and posting, community development, external reactive and proactive outreach.
A background in creative writing and retail focused/footwear communication, public relations, marketing or ecommerce experience is a plus.
You should understand trends and be aware of fashion space.
You should be well-versed in myriad social spaces, including their purpose and use from business objectives, demographics, growth, experiential capabilities and functionalities perspectives.
• 3-4 years of experience in digital or social analytics and content curation
• BA degree preferably in Communications, Business, Statistics, Economics or another similar field
• Strategic planning and project management success
• Creative thinker that can create interesting content
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytic skills both qualitative and quantitative
• Fluent in social media monitoring and execution platforms
• Strong knowledge of PhotoShop, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong critical thinking skills, communication skills and ability to work within a large and diverse team
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
This position is a management position. Responsible and accountable for keys to the store. Responsible for the opening and closing of the store as directed by the Store Manager.
Other duties as necessary to maintain store’s daily operations.