Footwear Product Developer Level 1
- Manhattan Beach, CA
A two-billion-dollar global leader in the high performance and lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA, Inc. designs, develops and markets more than 3,000 styles for men, women and children. Skechers' success stems from its employees, high-quality, varied product offering, diversified domestic and international distribution channels, and targeted multi-channel marketing.
The company offers two distinct footwear categories: a lifestyle division which includes Skechers Memory Foam and the charity line BOBS from Skechers, and Skechers Performance which includes Skechers GOrun and Skechers GOwalk footwear. Through licensing agreements, the company also offers branded apparel, bags, eyewear and more.
Celebrity product endorsees for Skechers' collections include the world famous drummer Ringo Starr, multi-platinum recording artist Demi Lovato, model and actress Kelly Brook, TV personality Brooke Burke-Charvet, legendary quarterbacks Joe Montana and Joe Namath, baseball stars Pete Rose and Mariano Rivera, and The Voice winner Danielle Bradbery. In addition, elite marathon champion and Boston Marathon winner Meb Keflezighi, elite runner Kara Goucher, and pro golfer Matt Kuchar represent the Skechers Performance Division.
The Company sells its footwear in department, specialty and independent stores, as well as through more than 1000 Company-owned Skechers retail stores and online at skechers.com. Beyond the United States, Skechers product is available in more than 120 countries and territories through an international network of subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Japan, and across Europe, as well as through joint ventures in Asia and distributors around the world.
Skechers ships product through a 1.82 million square-foot, fully automated, LEED-Gold certified distribution facility in California that serves North America. The Company also operates a 753,000-square-foot facility in Belgium that serves Europe and ships directly to the rest of the planet.
The Footwear Product Developer Level 1 is responsible for developing footwear product to meet all project objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
• Work on new material footwear development projects
• Manage the daily activities for all assigned projects or tasks and drive projects to completion based on project objectives
• Approve confirmation sample
• Thoroughly communicates necessary details with tech team, designers, colorists, and product managers.
• Work with fitting to achieve target fit
• Work with costing to achieve target cost
• Capable to manage development projects from concept to confirmation
• Detail oriented, keeps track of projects
• Checks and confirms specifications and materials
• Communicates well with all team members including USA, China, and Vietnam using all necessary tools (i.e. E-mail, phone, Skype, Adobe Acrobat Pro, video, Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
• Innovative and creative thinker
• Self-Starter that gets things done
• Possesses a sense of responsibility and ownership
• Manages multiple projects and multi-tasks well
• Excellent Computer Skills
• Creates and maintains useful records
• Maintains good relationships with overseas offices, factories, and suppliers
• Promotes a strong sense of team based on trust and mutual respect for others
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Education: Degree Preferred
• Amount of Experience: None
• Computer Applications: Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Office.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.